Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest Hunt

Lodihunter

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Here are a few finds from my last hunt. I have been researching super hard and have come up a bit short. I know that the button is Levi Strauss and from around 1870. I know that the horn is an infantry kepi badge from the Civil War. But I am concerned that it is not authentic. Is there a way to determine if it is real or not? I know that reproductions are made. I am leaning on some of you Civil War buffs for help on this one. Also, the clip is a mystery to me. Any ideas?

Interesting finds. What does the "clip" look like on the back and also the size of it? That one has me puzzled. HH, Nancy

All the suspender clips I've seen have a place for a belt and a hook. Your item might have a hook that has been bent straight.(pointing downwards) Does it look like it held a belt on the other end(top), or the back?

OK, so it's a suspender clip. Would that be used as an accessory to those wonderful outfits or how? :devil: It's a pretty fancy clip for a male. If you find out more, please tell me. It all makes sense, but I'm really confused on this one. Thanks, Nancy

I would say It's an suspender clip also. Maybe if you posted a picture of the back we may have a better idea.
Sorry but I'm no help on the horn.
Great finds...
Now go find us more..

HH