Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest metal detector with COLOR LCD DISPLAY *WOW*

Carl,First that's a start price of 90.00 dollars and a Buy it at 145.00.The ninety dollars doesn't mean much at this point.which for 90 bucks you still paid too much.Heck the Chinese use lead paint which help brighten any color!!Seriously have you ever used a metal detector.If you do have a detector what are you comparing this fine specimen of Chinese merchandise to a Jetco Mustang.

n/t

Someone should tell Carl to get a White's detector..............:lol:

I do not own a Jetco Mustang, I own a Jetco Treasure Hawk. There is a big difference! And just to show all you highfalutin VLF users a thing or 2, I'm gonna put a COLOR DISPLAY on this baby. I'll be cleanin' out the top 2 inches in style. Color BFO... top that, China!

- Carl

n/t

The Jetco metal detector sure did get a lot of people into this hobby.Had one myself. Lets hope this economy pulls out of the nose dive.Thanks Ron

I knew when they changed to digital tv , a color display metal detector would come out!!!......................................................................he he

Put me down for one of those color BFO's Carl.....I'll pay top dollar.

[attachment 119222 Tek4000.jpg]

HH
BarnacleBill

As long as the display is large enough and sharp enough for those of us with aging eye to make out, that's the main thing. Anyone can have a colored reference on the display background or face, but when folks have a 'vision' of display read-outs that are colorful, the main concern will be clarity in varying light conditions. Some, like the green-housed offerings, that have color are just annoying, to me, because they can be too 'busy' and not easy-to-see or bold and sharp enough.

Now this post has me thinking of color. I would like to see a new top-end model with functional color in the display, and I'd also like to see something dressed in something other than black. Personally, I'm a bit tired of the shiny black that most manufacturers seem to have adopted over the past 20 years or so. The new 'flat' powder-coated models from White's are a nice change, but something like Carl(NC)'s personal gold & burgundy scheme would make a welcome change.

I'm also thinking of gold and silver. The gold (yellow) of the sun with the coming of spring and summer, and the silver gleem from the older haunts I have been lining up to search this year. I have set a silver coin goal for myself this year. Might need a new detector to help me achieve it. :)

Happy Hunting Everyone!

Monte

Wall, I had thet idear cuppla yeers back, so I just cobbled up onea them there teeny TeeVees onter my trusty 'ol Jetco Treasure Hawk, which I now calls my Color Hawk. I figgered since it was already colorized 'n' all, I'd jist go ahead and make it show me a pic of whut I'ma diggin, too!

I worked a well saturated older former school field for a while today. enjoying 60

BarnacleBill said:
[attachment 119222 Tek4000.jpg]

HH
BarnacleBill

That red lettering is permanent, switch the machine off (heck remove the batteries even) and it'll still be there, so it's not really color LCD in the sense that it can change color.

I doubt we'll see true color LCD screens like cell phones have or such because the battery life will be abysmal, full color LCD eats a lot of power. Maybe down the road when LCD technology and batteries are more efficient.

HH,
Brian

The answer is OLED once the costs come down, consumes less power than LCD.

HH
BarnacleBill