Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest release :garrett: AT-Gold :detecting: Upgraded for :ausflag: conditions

ivanll

AT-Gold_800.jpg

ivanll

??????

Upgraded AT-Gold just released 1st week of Jan.2012.
Info is all future manufactured AT-Gold units will have this Au. upgrade as standard.
Like the Infinium LS in the past, it to got upgraded to Au. specs to keep them all to same standard.

ivanll

Must mean it will find Australian gold Arizona?:rofl:

Seriously, what are the 'technical' changes...would like to know.

michaelosully said:
Must mean it will find Australian gold Arizona?:rofl:
Seriously, what are the 'technical' changes...would like to know.

Contact your local dealer.
I would expect Garrets Marketing Manager to keep ALL Authorised Garret dealers informed with the latest info on upgrades so as to give them the best knowledge possible on the product they sell.
What else would be the point in having a Marketing Manager and Authorised Dealers.

However it is often possible to get better and more comprehensive information on the use of a product from competent actual users.

Perhaps someone will make a video and show both visually and audibly the difference between the two models on some "hot" ground, which the upgrades was intended to address.

ivanll

Since you don't seem to know the technical differences, if any, then I have no idea why you are bringing this up.

Hello American readers

this is part of the problem over here in Australia (where I am)

lots of talk, lots of claims, but alas the Technical part of the conversation falls on deaf ears.

Lets say the modifications have taken place. Why not just disclose what they are and what they do. I mean TECHNICALLY

my last post was greeted with the retort I was an ignoramus . That's what you get for wanting some real information

Alimo88 said:
Hello American readers

this is part of the problem over here in Australia (where I am)

lots of talk, lots of claims, but alas the Technical part of the conversation falls on deaf ears.

Lets say the modifications have taken place. Why not just disclose what they are and what they do. I mean TECHNICALLY

my last post was greeted with the retort I was an ignoramus . That's what you get for wanting some real information

No way, No How, Nowhere on the forums has anybody called you an ignoramus.

You keep asking for TECHNICAL info re the changes to the A T Gold when the only people who know what the changes are "Technically" is Phil at the GMC who developed the alterations and Garrett USA and they will be unlikely to let it out just yet, if at all.

The point is that it has been determined how to make the unit operate better (Less noisy, smoother threshold, and better GB in highly iron mineralised ground) than previously.

Even just watching and listening to the original video clips of the A T gold in the USA it was obvious that the detector was a bit chattery in hot ground and that being the case it was not expected to function well in the extreme iron mineralisation of the Australian gold fields. Now it does perform better and very well here and therefore everywhere else as well.

Just as everybody who uses a TV or runs a car does not need to know how the TV or car works in order to be able to use them, so it is with the A T Gold etc.

If you are an electronics wiz kid and would maybe like to repair your own detectors then all you would need is a cct diagram and you would recognise the types of ccts involved at a glance..... if you cannot, then you are not an electronics wiz kid and should not be messing about whith the detector internals.

But if you still want to find out the technical details of the cct changes then give Phil a call and ask him.

thank you Fishers ghost

Just to clarify MY LAST POST was not on this thread

I'm not after specific component / CCT / chip information just a general idea of some of the things that make it technically different

Your answer is the best yet so thanks

I will continue to read, but refrain from my repetitive questions

Thanks

Thanks for the input Fishers Ghost. The 'upgrade' information just seems vague to me and I'm sure there is more to the story.

Like Alimo88, I am not seeking "specific component / CCT / chip information" but I would like to know the technical differences between the older version of the AT Gold and the "upgraded" version. Maybe I should clarify by saying I would like to know the 'specific differences' between how the 'previous' AT Gold and the "upgraded" AT Gold would be expected to perform in more difficult conditions. The word 'technical' is not the right choice of word for me to use.:help:
Less noise, smoother threshold, better GB..., is all good to know but just doesn't go far enough for me.

I try to make educated choices when deciding to buy anything and I do have expectations of how a MD should perform when I spend my $$$. If the "Upgraded" ATGold will make it work for me in my difficult conditions I want to know it. Might even make a difference in a decision to buy a newer version (after upgrade) and a used (before upgrade) unit.

I too would like to see specifics on the new "upgraded' AT Gold and really look forward to new videos of the upgraded AT Gold in action!

Wondering why this topic was moved to the Views forum? I am seeking information related to the apparent "upgrade" to the AT Gold (and only the AT Gold). Perhaps it is my mistake to assume there was an upgrade? Should I start a new post in the AT Pro & AT Gold forum to ask if there was an upgrade?

Why not make them all Aussie worthy to begin with? Now, I'm sure that there are peep's out there that are going to feel as though they have been slighted?

Thanks for moving the topic back to the AT forum. Would still appreciate specific information on this subject.

In all fairness, mfg's keep pretty tight lipped regarding how they tweak their machines. Dave Johnson, head engineer of First Texas Products is quite clear on that. What's really important, is how well do these new modifications work? And does this AU tweak affect the operation of the unit (good/bad) for non-australian users. A recent post titled (AT Pro air test) stated that his newly upgraded AT Pro was getting a couple inches less depth than before the upgrade. Might be something to look at.

Again, not asking for proprietary data and don't believe I am being unfair. Is this all marketing hype? Unless someone comes forward with 'specifics' it appears that nothing really changed with the AT Gold? Maybe sales in Australia were lagging? After all, a marketing manager's job description probably includes 'increasing overall sales' and 'improving sales in underperforming areas' as job duties. I have no problem with a marketing manager doing his job. I don't think he would have a problem with me being an educated consumer.

I did not start this post, but was considering the purchase of a Garrett's AT Gold. This is why I inquired about the changes that the original post brought to light. Would like for ivanll to let us know the original source for information about the "Upgraded" AT Gold for his subject.

Without specific answers (not proprietary data) I'll hang on to my $ for now and continue to try to find the best machine available for my own difficult conditions.

mountain digger said:
Again, not asking for proprietary data and don't believe I am being unfair. Is this all marketing hype? Unless someone comes forward with 'specifics' it appears that nothing really changed with the AT Gold? Maybe sales in Australia were lagging? After all, a marketing manager's job description probably includes 'increasing overall sales' and 'improving sales in underperforming areas' as job duties. I have no problem with a marketing manager doing his job. I don't think he would have a problem with me being an educated consumer.

I did not start this post, but was considering the purchase of a Garrett's AT Gold. This is why I inquired about the changes that the original post brought to light. Would like for ivanll to let us know the original source for information about the "Upgraded" AT Gold for his subject.

Without specific answers (not proprietary data) I'll hang on to my $ for now and continue to try to find the best machine available for my own difficult conditions.

If your local Authorised Garrett dealer do not have the info,................ that would be to their disadvantage,
If they do not want to tell you,....................... that would be to their potential customers disadvantage.

Phone............+61883967455