Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest V3i finds - loving my V - 4 years with it.

Ytcoinshooter

Thought I'd share my better V3i finds from the last two weeks. I've been mostly off the forums during summer. Autumn begins my favorite time to detect. I continue to enjoy my V3i and have 4 full years under my belt and continue to be impressed at what it can do. It's my flagship and I love it. All the scuttle about it being too complex or gimicky makes me smile. After all it is not an appliance like a microwave where instant gratification is a press of a button and seconds away. Learning the principals of its operation and the how settings affect performance under varying conditions is more than many want to invest.
Wednesday I went to a pounded park 40 minutes from my house that I have written off for years. My wife's ex and an ex brother in law have been infected via myself and my stepson and have the detecting bug real bad. These guys are fun and I try an show them the proper stuff, fill holes remove trash etc. So the brother in law wanted to get together to detect and asked if I had been to this park (eye roll) ... then he says they have been cutting brush back there. So off we go and after some time in the cleared area not much of interest turned up. So we are both looking at a wooded hillside that borders where we were standing. I literally walked into this spill. The half was banging at 87 and was maybe two inches down, she was out first and had three friends with her.

After a gentle clean up:

A few of the other items that day in the park. All from the wooded area. Sorry the photo is a bit dark.

Monday I hit a partially drained lake that I did great in last year when it was much lower. That's where I pulled up a nice Barber half at a measured 10" plus 3 other half dollars, minor silver coins and a couple of gold rings. The place is turning into a meadow where I located the forgotten swimming area. The trash concentration was low enough to use my 12" x 10" SEF and I hit on two silver dimes, 8 wheats a nickel, silver ring and the little heart earring. All the coins except one were 6" to 9". I pounded it last year, digging everything I could in the mucky yuck, even foil. It was strange not needing my swampers, getting stuck and all like last year, regular hiking boots were fine. I love those kind of places.

Close up of the silver ring.

This '39 quarter is nice and came from another pounded park but I know a few things about the place that have worked in my favor.

Round ball & cuff buttons from a colonial site. The dime was from the same place as the '39 quarter.

This silver dime was in the same hole as the nail above it. The signal was dragged down but I could tell this might be the scenario...even with the 10" D2 coil.
The war nickel was a couple days before from an old summer camp that used to cough up the goods. Out of just over 100 silver coins I pulled from it a full third, almost 40 were Barber type. Great memories so once in a while I try it again. My wife's ex bro in law lives near it and has discovered a couple of silvers since I turned him onto the success I had there.

HH - Bruce

What else can you say but " WOW "
Super great pictures.
Thanks for sharing.
Helps to get the blood pumping and the mind to thinking...:detecting:

Very nice :). I love your thoughts about the v. They mirror my own. I've only had mine half a season and I love it!. Congrats on your fantastic finds.

Now that's the second time in 2 days I've been asked if I live in Texas... Maybe I'm supposed to be! I've had a few friendly contacts with folks that live there on FindMall. I enjoyed visiting Dallas a long time ago and I love Texas BBQ. I'm in Connecticut about 20 minutes west of Hartford.
HH - Bruce
NMchaser said:
Another "WOW". Way to go. You may have said before, but are you detecting in East Texas?

Good hunting there Bruce! The silver dime with the rusty nail in the same hole put a big smile on my face. That's the find of a skilled detectorist! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Great job Bruce.

Great finds...congrats !!!
I have a VX3 and absolutely love it. I've owned and used a ton of other machines, but the V is my all time favorite.