Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learned something yesterday with the Legend Threshold

oldkoot

As the Header Reads

Just Learned something about the Legend today
My main detecting is for gold nuggets so I am running in gold mode 98%of the time with the threshold set as low as I can get it and still hear the faint mosquito buzz, my setting would be around 9-12 and the pitch of the threshold would be somewhere around 9-13 but it was always very hard to hear the threshold, even with the Legend volume set at 6 which is max Volume.

What I learned today while playing with the settings in Gold mode is the AG (Audio Gain) acts as a secondary volume control of the threshold in gold mode, I had the threshold set at 12 and the pitch of the threshold set at 13 and increased the AG in gold mode to max which is 6, when I hit max AG the threshold in gold mode literally increased to where it was way to loud, at a max AG setting which is 6 I was able to decrease the threshold down to 3-6 and the pitch of the threshold down to as low as 4 and had no issues of now being able to hear the threshold in gold mode, i always ran my AG at 3 in gold mode prior to this discovery and never could or barely hear the threshold but adjusting the AG in gold mode to 5-6 I now can hear the threshold in gold mode at a much lower settings of the threshold, I was also able to decrease my volume level in gold mode by increasing the AG level while in gold mode and still be able to now hear the threshold
I tried this while in park,field and beach modes threshold and adjusting the AG to max made no difference, increasing the AG to max, it had no affect on being able to hear the threshold or not in those three modes

the threshold in Gold mode is totally different from the threshold in park,field and beach modes,in park field and beach modes the threshold being utilized in those three modes is what is called a reference threshold in Gold mode the Legend utilizes what is known as a True Threshold, and there is a huge difference in the two different types of threshold being utilized in the Legend.

If you do not understand the differences in the two different types of threshold being used in the Legend you will have to look it up because it is to much to type for me with a little searching on google search you can learn the differences between the two types of threshold
I hope by posting this it helps some that was struggling hearing the threshold in gold mode

OK,
I didn’t realize that there’s 2 different types of threshold…..It has me wondering what type is being used in other detectors with threshold….???……..AND what makes these thresholds interact differently on various settings… I watched an earlier video on another brand detector whereby a faint target could not be heard unless the threshold was raised…I’ll have to read up more on thresholds now that you bring this up….Thanks for posting….Jim

OK,
I didn’t realize that there’s 2 different types of threshold…..It has me wondering what type is being used in other detectors with threshold….???……..AND what makes these thresholds interact differently on various settings… I watched an earlier video on another brand detector whereby a faint target could not be heard unless the threshold was raised…I’ll have to read up more on thresholds now that you bring this up….Thanks for posting….Jim
I personally do not use the threshold settings in Park,Field and Beach modes, because of those three modes using the reference threshold

all a reference threshold does is alert you when you have swung your coil over a target that you have notched out, if you run in all metal that is pretty much a useless threshold simply because in all metal you have notched nothing out I detect in all metal 98% of the time.

the Threshold in the gold mode being a true threshold, is a whole different animal, a true threshold is very useful tool because it alerts you on the deeper fainter targets that are not audible enough to give a tone, but set incorrectly it can cost you good targets

when setting a true threshold you want it loud enough to just barely hear it, but not so loud as to drown out targets
For me personally now that I have finally realized how the AG in gold mode actually works, a setting of 12 on the threshold and a setting of 13 on the threshold pitch is way to loud for me personally, you want to set the threshold in gold mode to where it sounds like a pesty mosquito buzzing in your ear but you want it to be very faint also

when you set the threshold in gold mode correctly it can increase the depth your detector is seeing but set incorrectly it can also cost you depth, for me personally that settings on the threshold is and I am speaking of the Legend my settings now on the threshold are 4-6 on the threshold with a setting of 4 on the threshold pitch and the AG (Audio Gain) at 5 or 6

Now I need to go find a gold field……. Meanwhile, I’ve been running Thresh at 2 in the parks and grassy areas around here, 3 runs constant humming but 2 is mostly not noticeable. I’ve noticed with my hearing that AG helps me to hear those deeper targets a lot better.

Thanks for the info!

Now I need to go find a gold field……. Meanwhile, I’ve been running Thresh at 2 in the parks and grassy areas around here, 3 runs constant humming but 2 is mostly not noticeable. I’ve noticed with my hearing that AG helps me to hear those deeper targets a lot better.

Thanks for the info!
do you run in gold mode ??? if not the AG does not affect the volume at which you can hear the threshold in park,field, or beach mode, at least it does not on either of my Legends but in Glod mode is where it affects the volume at which you can hear the threshold a ton, I wear hearing aids so I am really quite limited as to how I hear things coming from a set of headphones or in my case the Avantree Torus Neckband speaker system

if anyone would like to test what I have posted using there Legend

move over to gold mode, then while in gold mode click the power button one time,move over to the second speaker click the up arrow the only setting you can change is the threshold in the second set of menus the first squiggly line with a straight line through it that is you threshold setting factory default is 12 the second squiggly line with a straight line through it is the pitch of your threshold and to me also acts as a kind of volume as you increase that value in that setting even though you are only increasing the pitch of the threshold the factory default of that setting is 13, now click pin point reject button on the Legend that takes you out of the sub menu settings now use the right arrow and move back to the first speaker icon and click pinpoint reject button 1 time that gets you into the AG (Audio Gain) settings factory default setting is 1 on the AG in gold mode, with the up arrow start increasing the value from 1-6, 6 being max AG, your legend will have a steady faint buzzing going on (this is because the gold mode is a true threshold based mode)now with the up arrow start increasing the AG from 1-6 and listen very carefully to the increase in volume of that faint buzz, it increases the volume of the threshold tremendously allowing you to decrease the threshold settings, it also allowed me to decrease the Legend volume down to 3-4, where before I figured this all out I had to have my Legend Volume set to max, which always concerned me because of the blown speaker issues Legend user have had.

if anyone would like to test what I have posted using there Legend

move over to gold mode, then while in gold mode click the power button one time,move over to the second speaker click the up arrow the only setting you can change is the threshold in the second set of menus the first squiggly line with a straight line through it that is you threshold setting factory default is 12 the second squiggly line with a straight line through it is the pitch of your threshold and to me also acts as a kind of volume as you increase that value in that setting even though you are only increasing the pitch of the threshold the factory default of that setting is 13, now click pin point reject button on the Legend that takes you out of the sub menu settings now use the right arrow and move back to the first speaker icon and click pinpoint reject button 1 time that gets you into the AG (Audio Gain) settings factory default setting is 1 on the AG in gold mode, with the up arrow start increasing the value from 1-6, 6 being max AG, your legend will have a steady faint buzzing going on (this is because the gold mode is a true threshold based mode)now with the up arrow start increasing the AG from 1-6 and listen very carefully to the increase in volume of that faint buzz, it increases the volume of the threshold tremendously allowing you to decrease the threshold settings, it also allowed me to decrease the Legend volume down to 3-4, where before I figured this all out I had to have my Legend Volume set to max, which always concerned me because of the blown speaker issues Legend user have had.
Thanks Oldkoot.

I have not run Gold Field as there are around here I can get on to. There mining claims but rarely do you find the claim holder on site.

Go to the bluetooth icon and press and hold the pinpoint button…FD will appear for a couple of seconds and then disapear….This will clear your detector to accept the next pairing…

Go to the bluetooth icon and press and hold the pinpoint button…FD will appear for a couple of seconds and then disapear….This will clear your detector to accept the next pairing…
Thank You Synthnut.
I just kept turning it off and on. Did nothing.

Welp I did those settings ollkoot.
We'll see how it goes.
But now my headphones won't connect.
those settings have nothing to do with the headphones connecting Terry LOL

every once in a while mine will not connect either, thats because they connected to my cell phone so I turn the bluetooth off in my cell and then reconnect to the Legend just a thaught

those settings have nothing to do with the headphones connecting Terry LOL

every once in a while mine will not connect either, thats because they connected to my cell phone so I turn the bluetooth off in my cell and then reconnect to the Legend just a thaught
Yes. I do love them on my phone.
Especially when I'm watching something the wif wouldn't approve of. 😄