Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend 1.08 download

KeithNY

I dont know what I am doing wrong but I cant seem to download the latest software even though I had no problem downloading version 1.07. Any assistance would be appreciated

Quite a few have posted about having some trouble with V1.08, I did too. I ended up taking mine to the local computer shop to get their help.

I dont know what I am doing wrong but I cant seem to download the latest software even though I had no problem downloading version 1.07. Any assistance would be appreciated
are you using windows or Mac first
I tried to up date mine on a windows 11 laptop first it would not work and I am talking the 1.08, I had no issues with 1.05,1.06, or 1.07 but 1.08 was a nightmare
I ended up installing with a windows 10 desk top PC it took me 17 hours and I still have absolutely no clue why it finally worked

if windows make sure all anti virus is off and firewalls off, next check to see if there are any updates that needs to be done to windows on your PC including driver updates for the USB ports,next download the Sillab drivers that are recommended and install those, once all this is done go to Nokta/Macro site and download the 1.09 update the 1.09 also includes the 1.08, before you download the 1.09 uninstall all the previous updates, and I mean uninstall them do not just delete them (Uninstall) this is done by going into the control panel in your PC I think under programs and features, then download the new 1.09 update from Nokta/Macro site you can also find the link there for the sillab drivers there

once you do all the above go the new update it will be a zip file right click on that zip file and Extract All when it is extracted there will be a setup disc click on disc and tell it to run or install it will then put a new updater tool on your desk top when you extracted the zip file there should be another thing there which is the 1.09 bin file once you do all this close it down find the updater tool usually on your desktop open it just to make sure it opens then close it and restart your PC if you are like me you told you anti virus and firewall to restart upon restart of your PC go in and shut the anti virus and firewalls off again or make sure they are off once this is done put cable on legend with the legend off plug the cable into one of the USB Ports listen for a sound that is the computer confirming it sees the Legend when you plug the legend into the PC the legend will light up and then go dark at this point hold the up arrow on the legend until UP appears in the Legend screen release the up arrow on the Legend then open the updater tool there is three little dots lower right hand corner of updater tool click on dots find the Legend v1.09 bin file select it if it works the update button below the bin file on updater tool will highlight click update the Legend will begin a count up from 1-100 when it hits 100 the legend will go into boot up it will have the LD in the screen while that LD is on screen look in the upper right hand corner of Legend screen it should now say 1.09 if it does you have now updated

if it does not work as I have described above unplug the Legend from your PC and power it down then plug into a different USB port

pray the whole time because like I said it only took me 17 hours for it to finally install and there was no rhyme or reason as to why it finally did

if all else fails after you do this I can give you the name of someone on Facebook that has helped all kinds of people with the install of the updates for the Legend, but you will have to contact him through Facebook because he is on no forums as far as I know he is on the Facebook Legend User Groups.

keep us updated please