Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend finds its first gold

Larbear2

Finally broke the gold drought yesterday with the Legend, park mode, G disc, 22 sensitivity, 20 vdi. I was searching a sports field, pendant was down about 3 inches. First gold for me in 2 years with any detector. Found the buffalo nickel a few hunts back, nice clear date, nice detail especially on the reverse. I was using the LG24 coil when I found the pendant, the buff nickel i was using the LG28 coil.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Have you ever found anything over 6" ??
Yes, last Saturday i searched a middle school sports field using the LG24 coil. Most of the clad quarters and dimes were in the 7-8” range. I think that is because the shallower clad had already been found by other hunters. The audio response of coins at that depth was a little weak, but enough to make me dig coupled with the vdi numbers which would fluctuate by a few numbers. Also, at this site, the ground had been prepped at some time in the past, digging was fairly easy compared to some of my sites that are rocky gravelly, hard to dig past 4 or 5 inches.

Finally broke the gold drought yesterday with the Legend, park mode, G disc, 22 sensitivity, 20 vdi. I was searching a sports field, pendant was down about 3 inches. First gold for me in 2 years with any detector. Found the buffalo nickel a few hunts back, nice clear date, nice detail especially on the reverse. I was using the LG24 coil when I found the pendant, the buff nickel i was using the LG28 coil.View attachment 57156View attachment 57157
Very Nice find, indeed!

What version are you using? Just curious because of all the love-hate you hear about certain versions of software.