Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend in modern trash

That'll be my neighbor across the street, who gave me a generous permission to dig as much as I want in her backyard… which needs a goddamn pickaxe even after weeks of rain :ROFLMAO:

The built in speaker is muffled, that's a side effect of being waterproof and padded to withstand water pressure. What you're hearing through headphones is a true voice of your machine. You want it muffled too? Buy a set of sweat guards such as this one, it will smooth things out. I keep these on all my muffs, especially in the summer.

You must be young… Remember that setting where you adjust the actual tone frequency? Set it all the way up to 30.
Yeah I’m young…..71 yrs young….😂
I guess everyone hears things differently…I can hear higher pitches better

All the headphones had the same haziness in the signal a bit like the fuzzy sound one gets from a junk target but not as obvious. At first I thought I was just overdriving the volume but it doesn't diminish as the gain or volume is reduced until the sound is nearly muted. The XP backphones are what I normally hunt with and the same pair is clear as a bell on the etrac or F75. If the Bluetooth was clear I would say it was somwthing in the headphone adapter but they have the same fuzzy sounds. I am going to contact NM about the adapter not working with standard 1/4" headphone plugs correctly . You can get it work if you slowly slide the connector in and wait for a sound but it doesn't lock in place or stay at that position without holding it.
Maybe mono to stereo adapter not right.
Most machines don't have stereo.
Would kind of short the machine out.
Maybe that's it.

Maybe mono to stereo adapter not right.
Most machines don't have stereo.
Would kind of short the machine out.
Maybe that's it.
Thought the same thing but three of the 6 sets I have have switches to go from mono to stereo , the other three are sttandard and the only ones that work are old UR3- Koss. I don't think it has anything to do with muffling since two of the headsets that have the same raspy sound are waterproof. Regardless , Wouldn't you make an adapter that would be universal fit if it was on your "to do" list? , or at least have the shortcoming mentioned in your advertising?

Thought the same thing but three of the 6 sets I have have switches to go from mono to stereo , the other three are sttandard and the only ones that work are old UR3- Koss. I don't think it has anything to do with muffling since two of the headsets that have the same raspy sound are waterproof. Regardless , Wouldn't you make an adapter that would be universal fit if it was on your "to do" list? , or at least have the shortcoming mentioned in your advertising?
A stereo plug going into a mono socket never works properly. Two contacts compared to three.
Switch or not.
Have to CK that.
Good Luck

A stereo plug going into a mono socket never works properly. Two contacts compared to three.
Switch or not.
Have to CK that.
Good Luck
Pretty much what I had surmised at this point. Means if you want to run high quality sound headphones on the Legend that you are S.O.L..!! Would have been nice to have seen Nokta put that little detail in their advertising or had the presence of mind to make the headphone adapter/dongle universal.

Pretty much what I had surmised at this point. Means if you want to run high quality sound headphones on the Legend that you are S.O.L..!! Would have been nice to have seen Nokta put that little detail in their advertising or had the presence of mind to make the headphone adapter/dongle universal.
Surprisingly.
I don't remember any manufacturer putting that info in their manual.

What I was getting perturbed at today was the amount of older aluminum (or tin foil) foil that was showing 40s VDI. Tones were clear and some one way and others two way so they got dug. Foil should be low teens maybe 20s, not mid 40s. Also, I’m noticing since installing 09 that VDI seems to change a bit depending on which mode you are in. Meanwhile 4khz was a predator on silver today that at least five other machines missed, two being my F series Fishers.
I've found foil in the single digits to high 20's, alum caps from the 20's to 50, quarters from 33 - 50, no consistency

In my finds collection, I have a very interesting artifact… I call it "the earring of doom". It's a small, but very intricate white gold earring that doesn't register on any SMF/FMF machine running stock program. It can be detected if you tweak the stock program, of course, but otherwise… silence. In case of the Legend, it doesn't register unless you use M2 or 40 kHz, then it reads a solid 20. Any other frequency – nada, there's no target at all.

…And you know what, I've just put some batteries into an old Harbor Freight detector that I found abandoned in the field (the one that costs around $40 brand new, if I'm not mistaken). Beep, beep, beep, beep – a solid 2-way hit on that earring.

If you're digging everything in mild soil or sand and don't care for audible target ID (read "multiple tones"), you don't have to buy an advanced machine :devil:
Not true, we buy the more advanced machines mostly for depth. I will dig everything until I get tired, after all at 69 you can only dig so much, then you cherry pick, so you must rely on the machine to be accurate.

The higher fidelity phones have a wider bandwidth that with my hearing (or lack thereof) is nice for music, but the mids, and highs, of cheaper phones seems more pronounced, and if there are nuances from metal detecting, I can hear them more clearly on the cheaper phones….

I took apart a set of $40 Sony phones that were popular with detectorists years back. and took out the elements and installed them in a set of Peltor 105’s, and never looked back….I can hear an ant fart with these phones !

Tesoro realized hearing issues and gave you a choice of high or low tone Vaquero detectors years back….I think it was the Vaquero…???…..It still saddens me to see them gone !

Well, I don't anticipate missing too many quarters sitting on top of a 6 square inch piece of foil. CD and TSS just seem to like hearing themselves talk.
Take a look at TN Sharpshooter video, 1” or smaller foil, not even buried next to the dime. I’m sorry but you can’t get any easier test to pass than that. These guys own the machines so would probably like nothing better than to have a high end machine work like it should.

Take a look at TN Sharpshooter video, 1” or smaller foil, not even buried next to the dime. I’m sorry but you can’t get any easier test to pass than that. These guys own the machines so would probably like nothing better than to have a high end machine work like it should.
Air tests aren't worth the time it takes to do them. I hunt in the dirt, not the air.

The people who put stock in those videos are the same type of people who believe mankind can control the Earth's climate by using an electric lawn mower versus a gas powered one. Outcome based "research" is a fool's fodder.