Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend issues

Jski2011

so out hunting today local tot lot when I am just about thinking that I am getting skunked !!!!! finely realized my speaker stopped working as I am getting VDI numbers but no sound
so I shut the machine down and restarted now I put a couple of coins on the ground machine seems to work correctly for about 1 minute and the speaker goes out again, checked my settings did a factory reset shut the machine down and restarted it same result worked for about 1 minute and speaker quit again so called it quits for today, also tried and changed frequency's M1 M2 M3 single frequency's etc.
got home went out to my test bed turned the machine on and the machine seems to work correctly,

has anyone else run into this issue ? or an issue like this ?

Are you sure you are not inadvertently muting the machine holding the frequency button down too long?
Iam pretty sure not as this happened several times and each time I shut the machine down and restarted it, the speaker would work for around a minute and then stop no matter what the settings were or the volume setting

also did not matter if in park or field mode

Last edited:
This is a tough one and it sounds like it's time to call Nokta. Super long shot here - are you changing user profiles and possibly have audio turned off in that profile?

This is a tough one and it sounds like it's time to call Nokta. Super long shot here - are you changing user profiles and possibly have audio turned off in that profile?
Hi thanks PDH no I am not changing profiles, haven't changed anything other then doing a factory reset I pretty much use basic settings like park or field I will change like M1, M2. M3, maybe go to single frequency etc.
I did charge my battery even though I had 3 or more bars showing, I did fire it up this morning and it seems and appears to be working correctly
I will try to get out with it tonight or tomorrow, if happens again or continues to be an issue I will definitely contact Nokta service

Keep that audio off(AO) in mind if it occurs in the future. I keep going back there , not to be a PITA , but because I experienced much the same issue a long time ago and actually stopped detecting once and headed home thinking a trip to the service center was the next move. I was hunting a site where I was trying a lot of different frequencies and was not aware the AO feature even existed as I am not the best at absorbing the manual. I still don't access or find a need for a number of the settings available enough to remember how to access them so I carry a cheat sheet in my wallet. If you are hunting similar locations settings like GS , IF , BC etc. seem to work well enough without needing to play with them so I forget they are even there and how to access them. AO was a perfect example of inadvertently causing an issue that seemed much more serious than it was.(y)

so out hunting today local tot lot when I am just about thinking that I am getting skunked !!!!! finely realized my speaker stopped working as I am getting VDI numbers but no sound
so I shut the machine down and restarted now I put a couple of coins on the ground machine seems to work correctly for about 1 minute and the speaker goes out again, checked my settings did a factory reset shut the machine down and restarted it same result worked for about 1 minute and speaker quit again so called it quits for today, also tried and changed frequency's M1 M2 M3 single frequency's etc.
got home went out to my test bed turned the machine on and the machine seems to work correctly,

has anyone else run into this issue ? or an issue like this ?
Keep in mind some early models had speaker problems might want to get it checked to be sure

Contact your dealer Nokta is one of the best for customer service and will fix any problems with your detector. If the dealer gives you any grief which one or two of them do contact Nokta directly they will respond

Keep in mind some early models had speaker problems might want to get it checked to be sure
yea I am aware of the speaker issue on earlier models, the machine is only a few months old, I've been out with it a couple times since the problem occurred, it hasn't occurred again yet, if it does happen again I will not hesitate to reach out to Nokta service

Hi thanks PDH no I am not changing profiles, haven't changed anything other then doing a factory reset I pretty much use basic settings like park or field I will change like M1, M2. M3, maybe go to single frequency etc.
I did charge my battery even though I had 3 or more bars showing, I did fire it up this morning and it seems and appears to be working correctly
I will try to get out with it tonight or tomorrow, if happens again or continues to be an issue I will definitely contact Nokta service
I wonder if a low battery would give off signs like this….or perhaps a bad internal battery …..???

Seems obvious next question here but did you go back to the same spot and see if problem replicates? Maybe some weird interference or ground condition. In an area we call the EMI Hell Zone I can sometimes turn the carrot on and it will start vibrating in the air. Never have had that happen anywhere else.

Seems obvious next question here but did you go back to the same spot and see if problem replicates? Maybe some weird interference or ground condition. In an area we call the EMI Hell Zone I can sometimes turn the carrot on and it will start vibrating in the air. Never have had that happen anywhere else.
I will try to get there this weekend although I have hunted this spot a couple of times previous to the speaker shutting off, one of the things that come to my mind is that the temperature was around 90 degrees and humid that day so also wondering if that may have had an effect on the machine.????

You mentioned you are aware of the speaker issues and that your unit is only a couple months old. Anything is possible in this world. Just as strange as it could be an emi or humidity issue have you looked into possibly you received one of those earlier models only a couple months ago.
Older made models could come with new updates have you looked in the manufacturing date.
The obvious known problem is always the most likely and should be fully ruled out. Highly unlikely a older version and newer version have the same issue.

I will try to get there this weekend although I have hunted this spot a couple of times previous to the speaker shutting off, one of the things that come to my mind is that the temperature was around 90 degrees and humid that day so also wondering if that may have had an effect on the machine.????
Just to add to your temperature or humidity concerns, in Fl we live in a subtropical environment and relative humidity reaches 90% about everyday of the year here. Not to mention summer time temperatures as currently for a 4 month period are in the 90’s with feels like in the 100’s. The photo is the actual weather at the time of this post.
There is alot of metal detecting in Fl, probably more than any other state with over 1300 miles of coastline and 850 miles of beaches.
Have yet to hear of anyone who ever had any metal detectors or parts go bad because of heat and humidity. Salt water intrusion is a different story of course.
Unless you got salt water inside your detector its extremely unlikely any heat or humidity would have caused the speaker to stop working. Heck we have stereo speakers on boats and jet skis here and never issues.
Point if heat and humidity caused issues everyone in Fl would have had issues. I would dismiss that theory

Attachments

• IMG_3198.jpeg
    IMG_3198.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 67