Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend question

gfatizzi

After using the Simplex+ for a year and a half and being extremely impressed with both it's build quality and performance, I've decided Nokta/Makro has earned my hard earned dollars for a Legend. Gonna treat myself for Christmas this year! My question is this: Does anyone know if the new units currently being shipped already come from the factory with the latest 1.09 version? I didn't want to have to bother with the updates and factory reset if I didn't have to.
HH , George Fatizzi

I ordered one 11/12 and received version 1.07. Thirty seconds to update is not close to what it took me to do so. My dealer was from Tennessee but the detector came from Texas. In other words don't count on it being version 1.09 and a 30 second update (LOL!). I like the Legend very much now but when I received it, I was sorely disappointed it was an earlier version. I emailed the dealer that I was disappointed but nothing came from it. He just told me the obvious, that it was drop shipped. After an hour or two trying to update, I was quite mad. The next morning when it finally did update, I was relieved. Did anyone at all update in 30 seconds?

I ordered one 11/12 and received version 1.07. Thirty seconds to update is not close to what it took me to do so. My dealer was from Tennessee but the detector came from Texas. In other words don't count on it being version 1.09 and a 30 second update (LOL!). I like the Legend very much now but when I received it, I was sorely disappointed it was an earlier version. I emailed the dealer that I was disappointed but nothing came from it. He just told me the obvious, that it was drop shipped. After an hour or two trying to update, I was quite mad. The next morning when it finally did update, I was relieved. Did anyone at all update in 30 seconds?
I heard a lot of people even tech savvy guys had trouble updating there machines before nokta brought out the newer update method. 30 seconds is a joke in my opinion not unless you know how to do it , even then 30 seconds
is a joke. A FEW Minutes yes.

The newer update method was in effect when I bought mine. My computer wouldn't recognize the Legend. When I finally rebooted the computer, which was never mentioned anywhere, it updated. However I spent hours trying over and over, and looking for what I did wrong. The main point I wanted to make was that just because they are selling as new doesn't mean they have the present update and even a well known dealer drop ships and, as a result, have no clue what version they are selling.

Yeah i did maybe 45. Sorry you had some difficulties its not for everyone I guess. The first time i updated i tried with a mac and didn’t work so then i just used a PC and had no issues.

I heard a lot of people even tech savvy guys had trouble updating there machines before nokta brought out the newer update method. 30 seconds is a joke in my opinion not unless you know how to do it , even then 30 seconds
I was referring to the current update to 1.09 was very quick maybe 45 seconds.
Yea the old updates were a little tricky

To be fair i also did computer programming in my younger years so I don’t know if that helped

Lot of things can play a part a good computer and extremely fast internet speeds maybe helped. All i can say is reading the instructions for the update probably took longer. Once you hook up the cable to the detector it was very fast.

After using the Simplex+ for a year and a half and being extremely impressed with both it's build quality and performance, I've decided Nokta/Makro has earned my hard earned dollars for a Legend. Gonna treat myself for Christmas this year! My question is this: Does anyone know if the new units currently being shipped already come from the factory with the latest 1.09 version? I didn't want to have to bother with the updates and factory reset if I didn't have to.
HH , George Fatizzi
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I think I'm going to look for a good dealer when I'm ready to buy and make sure it's done right before it gets shipped so I won't have to mess around with it. I don't have a regular PC or laptop, just a Chromebook so I don't think I'm set up to download anything correctly. I hate computers! LOL Can't wait to get the Legend. If it's half of what I read, I think it's going to be fantastic! (especially for the money) HH , George

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I think I'm going to look for a good dealer when I'm ready to buy and make sure it's done right before it gets shipped so I won't have to mess around with it. I don't have a regular PC or laptop, just a Chromebook so I don't think I'm set up to download anything correctly. I hate computers! LOL Can't wait to get the Legend. If it's half of what I read, I think it's going to be fantastic! (especially for the money) HH , George
Great idea.

Two notes you guys didnt mention…..
1.09 may not have the Threshold fix. Quick way to check is take Threshold up to 11, should be quiet. Now move to 12 and if it starts a pulsing sound you’ll need the .09 threshold update, you can now hear the threshold coming on earlier and a bit louder as you increase.
Second, instructions tell you to disable your security setting so it can recognize the detector, done my updates twice and no problems in that way.

So you are going to try the Legent George good choice as I am going to be trying one in the spring myself. Hard to pass up the deal they have on one right now.
Mine I got a couple weeks ago and mine is 1.05 I believe and going to try to do the upgrade when one of my grand sons around as being old we are not work on some of the new updates.
Keep in touch on your opinion of the Legend.

Rick

All I can tell you is to not go through places like serious detecting because I have a couple of friends that ordered from serious detecting and in the notes they asked that the legend they receive be updated to the latest version and when they received their legends it was still on 1.05 so you need to ask what ever dealer you go through on the phone if they will update for you, if you have trouble finding a dealer that will let me know and I will give you the name of one that I know will update before they send it to you

Try
Serious Detecting in Michigan.
Great store. Fast shipping.
Call and ask about the update.

So you are going to try the Legent George good choice as I am going to be trying one in the spring myself. Hard to pass up the deal they have on one right now.
Mine I got a couple weeks ago and mine is 1.05 I believe and going to try to do the upgrade when one of my grand sons around as being old we are not work on some of the new updates.
Keep in touch on your opinion of the Legend.

Rick
Yes Rick I'm looking forward to trying one out. Just can't pass up that incredible deal on the propack they are offering right now. Keeping my Sov XS though this time. Not making that mistake again! lol

All I can tell you is to not go through places like serious detecting because I have a couple of friends that ordered from serious detecting and in the notes they asked that the legend they receive be updated to the latest version and when they received their legends it was still on 1.05 so you need to ask what ever dealer you go through on the phone if they will update for you, if you have trouble finding a dealer that will let me know and I will give you the name of one that I know will update before they send it to you