Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend Shaft

Suncoast Kid

I noticed that when swinging the Legend that I can feel a little play in the shaft. The cam locks don't seem to lock as tight as I would like them too. I know that some don't seem to have this problem, but was wondering if anyone else that does, do you know of a solution to fix the problem?
I was considering spraying some truck bed liner on the shaft and sanding it down until it's nice and tight, but figured that someone else might have a better solution. Thanks

I noticed that when swinging the Legend that I can feel a little play in the shaft. The cam locks don't seem to lock as tight as I would like them too. I know that some don't seem to have this problem, but was wondering if anyone else that does, do you know of a solution to fix the problem?
I was considering spraying some truck bed liner on the shaft and sanding it down until it's nice and tight, but figured that someone else might have a better solution. Thanks
If you get the shafts extended to far you will get the slight play in the shafts, because of my height I added the Longer middle shaft to my Legends, the longer middle shaft adds an extra 4 inches of length to the Legend shaft system and makes a world of difference in the play you feel when swinging the Legend, it prevents the need to extend the shafts to, too Long

I looked around and didn't immediately see anyone selling the middle shaft, is it a carbon fiber middle shaft as I see the lower shafts, or is it from a Simplex? Thanks oldkoot.

Last edited:
Here it is. That looks like it will fix the problem. Thanks
20230315_203534.jpg

I'd try a piece of Scotch tape on all 3 flat areas.
Maybe a full wrap if it will fit.
Did this to my old Explorer and Simplex.
Works and still lasting. And not permeant.
Like self etching bed liner. Which will physically dig into the epoxy of the shaft. Good Luck...

I looked around and didn't immediately see anyone selling the middle shaft, is it a carbon fiber middle shaft as I see the lower shafts, or is it from a Simplex? Thanks oldkoot.
personally I would wait just a bit Nokta is coming out with a carbon fiber middle shaft and a new arm cuff, all the new Legends in production will now come with the newer carbon fiber middle shaft and arm cuff, Nokta is also going to offer that new carbon fiber middle shaft and arm cuff at a discounted price for those of us that have already purchased the Legend they are also thinking about offering the LG30 coil at a discounted price to those of us that have already purchased the Legend because Dilek stated that Nokta is thinking about making the LG30 coil standard on the Legend in the near future

the shaft you have pictured is not carbon fiber but it will work to give you more length in the shaft system on the Legend, the shaft you pictured is metal the same as the stock mid shaft that come on the Legend

there have been suggestions made by myself and others to offer the new carbon fiber shaft in the longer length only simply because the Longer length shafts will work for everyone not just taller people but everyone as it only adds 4 inches to the shaft system which is not much in the over all scheme of the Legend

Last edited:
I'd try a piece of Scotch tape on all 3 flat areas.
Maybe a full wrap if it will fit.
Did this to my old Explorer and Simplex.
Works and still lasting. And not permeant.
Like self etching bed liner. Which will physically dig into the epoxy of the shaft. Good Luck...
the problem is there are Legend users that extend the shafts to far out and that is when you get the slight movement in the shafts when swinging the Legend most of the time you can flip the lever unlocking the shafts and slide it back so the latch hits the shaft and it fixes the movement

personally I would wait just a bit Nokta is coming out with a carbon fiber middle shaft and a new arm cuff, all the new Legends in production will now come with the newer carbon fiber middle shaft and arm cuff, Nokta is also going to offer that new carbon fiber middle shaft and arm cuff at a discounted price for those of us that have already purchased the Legend they are also thinking about offering the LG30 coil at a discounted price to those of us that have already purchased the Legend because Dilek stated that Nokta is thinking about making the LG30 coil standard on the Legend in the near future

the shaft you have pictured is not carbon fiber but it will work to give you more length in the shaft system on the Legend, the shaft you pictured is metal the same as the stock mid shaft that come on the Legend

there have been suggestions made by myself and others to offer the new carbon fiber shaft in the longer length only simply because the Longer length shafts will work for everyone not just taller people but everyone as it only adds 4 inches to the shaft system which is not much in the over all scheme of the Legend
According to the video from Dilek it didn’t sound like it would be anytime real soon as they didn’t even start production yet. I could be wrong.
Again though in not so sure it’s enough of a weight difference worth paying for. I can only guess maybe 8oz at the most. I suppose for someone with alot of health issues swinging it all day long it might make a difference but someone 6’ 200lbs, 8oz is like a feather. I wonder how it effects the durability not sure on the exact durability differences between carbon fiber and what they use now

It is my opinion, from having both the Simplex and the Legend, Nokta should have included the taller middle rod instead of the standard one they ship the units with. I'm only 5' 10" tall and I had the same wobble problem extending the lower rod to the proper operating length. The tall man rod solved the problem for both machines. A carbon fiber option will be even better for both rigidity and weight reduction. Looking forward to seeing that! :)

I just got a Legend shipped to me today. It has the carbon fiber shaft and it has quite a bit of wobble and squeak to it. After hearing people rave about the build quality of the machine I will admit I was a bit disappointed. Any body got new ideas? The back of the middle shaft doesn't have the rubber plug like the front shaft does so I'm thinking about making one out of wood. I'm a woodworker so I could pretty easily make something. Does anybody know if they make a plug for the middle shaft?

I have the old shaft and mine too is loose. I am tempted to get the new carbon fiber shaft, but only if Notka replaced it under warranty and I doubt that.