Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LEGEND V.1.10 UPDATE BETA TEST SOFTWARE

The Ground Suppressor is an extra filter. It should only suppress relatively weak responses. A coin or other desirable target would have to be mighty deep/weak to be missed even at 8, I would think. The Stability setting in Beach Mode is very similar in function but targets noise higher up on the scale. They both are available IF needed for special case ground conditions not day to day average sites. Think of it as Ground Disc. It may be helpful in high mineral/rusty ground that is wet & conductive. I certainly intend to test it to find some balance. Running higher sensitivity can easily be counter-productive in hot ground.
Where did you find the info as to what the GS settings do, my observations in the little I tried it, it does not seem to only suppress weak responses, unless there is something else going on with the new 1.10 what I noticed was it quiets the response I was getting from the heavy magnetite that is in my ground, I have never detected in beach mode with the Legend so am unsure just how the beach mode would work on the ground I detect, guess I will just keep playing with the GS settings until I figure it out or Nokta gives us some clarity on that setting, I just do not know how much I want to push the envelope so to speak and chance missing good targets

Updated mine tonight. Downloaded tool, hooked up to computer and after about 10 minutes . . . nothing. Switched USB slots, tried again and it downloaded in about 15 seconds. Eazy peazy. Now, I just need to make some time to go out and give it test drive.
Interesting, last time I mentioned one of the updates took about 45 seconds i was called everything from crazy to being arrogant about computers. Glad it worked out well for you.

I watched Dilek's Facebook announcement and now read it here. Have to admit no other detector manufacturer stays on top of informing the consumers, or doing all they can to improve an already impressive detector at an unbelievable price. I have had quite a year with finishing my house then selling my house and moving 'home' to Utah, then some down-time with a diabetic coma and stroke, then into the heart failure unit with a heart attack, all the while being contacted by four dealers trying to twist my arm to buy a Legend, Equinox, Deus II then Manticore or one or to others.

I have enjoyed my Nokta CoRe and Relic, Makro Racer and Racer II and Simplex + the most. Have trusted their build quality and performance as well, as other models, but have settled to mainly using my FORS Relic and original Racer for the ghost towns I hunt, and now transitioning back to 85% of my hunting for Coin and Jewelry sites and like what the Legend now offers. A Legend with a 6" DD and the new 6X9½ and 9X12 DD coils is all that I really need to complete outfitting my detectors. I have talked with a lot of people who bought a Legend, not the early so-called 'testers', and everything I have heard has been very favorable. I was told I would be one of the early testers but never received a Legend. Bummer, but have held true to following the progression, and it sure has been favorably impressive. Consumers need to be thankful there in a Nokta Detectors, and especially for them having Dilek.

Monte
Not been in it as long as you but never seen any other company show as much care and consideration as NM and Dilek.

Where did you find the info as to what the GS settings do, my observations in the little I tried it, it does not seem to only suppress weak responses, unless there is something else going on with the new 1.10 what I noticed was it quiets the response I was getting from the heavy magnetite that is in my ground, I have never detected in beach mode with the Legend so am unsure just how the beach mode would work on the ground I detect, guess I will just keep playing with the GS settings until I figure it out or Nokta gives us some clarity on that setting, I just do not know how much I want to push the envelope so to speak and chance missing good targets

I assume once the firmware is no longer beta they will update the manual which tends to have pretty good descriptions of what the function is actually doing.

I'm basing my assumptions about the new GS setting on what I have come to understand from reading & studying about other detectors from XP, Minelab, Whites & others including the Legend. The GS is not a new idea.
I will start experimenting with it this afternoon to see what effect it has on weak targets and in high mineral ground. I think it will be a useful tool in certain conditions, I just need to get a handle on it.
I hope/wish Nokta would put out a detailed Advanced Users guide for The Legend once it is basically finalized. I think we are about there, for a while anyway.
Keep posting on your observations so we can all learn from each other.

The Ground Suppressor is an extra filter. It should only suppress relatively weak responses. A coin or other desirable target would have to be mighty deep/weak to be missed even at 8, I would think. The Stability setting in Beach Mode is very similar in function but targets noise higher up on the scale. They both are available IF needed for special case ground conditions not day to day average sites. Think of it as Ground Disc. It may be helpful in high mineral/rusty ground that is wet & conductive. I certainly intend to test it to find some balance. Running higher sensitivity can easily be counter-productive in hot ground.
Dirt fishing on u tube uses beach and gold modes in parks.

Before Nokta added M3 to The Legend I would use Beach MD & MW on wet/conductive sites. Same with my Anfibio Multi.

Did you by chance try the GS settings on your ground, I am trying to figure out what exactly the GS does, I did run the Legend with the GS activated started at 2 and increased it to 4 the ground I detect is on the extreme side of mineralization with a lot of magnetite in the ground and with the 1.09 version legend I have to drop my sensitivity down to around 15-19 because the 1.09 version gets really chatty, the 1.10 which I just installed on one of my legends yesterday at a setting of 4 on the GS i was able to run my sensitivity up to 24 or 25 at 25 it was still a little chatty but not near what it was on the 1.09 version, at a setting of 4 on the GS it knocked out probably 98% of the Chattiness, but my problem is this at a setting of 4 on the GS will I be missing good targets since it is quieting the legend down that much

in the instructions for all the new features they do caution using the GS setting, I wish Nokta would give a little more info as to what the new settings like the GS does and why use with caution
Since you mention a pretty extreme change in how your detector reacts using the GS settings, my guess is that it’s an adjustable filter that might take a lot of power to implement…..You might also loose some of the more faint sounding targets ( those deep whispy tones)…This is just a guess as any time,with other detectors, that you use additional filters, the power of the detector goes down…As in most cases discression should be used….Again, these are all just guesses…..I’m sure we’ll know more about it later

Glad i have you guys to figure out the details. I have way too many hobbies and not enough time for half of them
Sometimes feel like im in a room full of scientists looking at the moon and im to the side sayin, look a full moon, lol

Glad i have you guys to figure out the details. I have way too many hobbies and not enough time for half of them
Sometimes feel like im in a room full of scientists looking at the moon and im to the side sayin, look a full moon, lol
well some of us have to do the testing, otherwise what we all would end up with is no telling LOL, you can thank all of us that are doing the testing and giving input to Nokta Later, this last update that was implemented so far I am finding pretty brilliant,Like the BC (Bottle Cap Rejection) no it does not knock out all the bottle caps but from what I am finding it has knocked out 95-98 % of the bottle caps, the day someone can come up with a detector that can discriminate Corona caps that will be a heck of an achievement LOL, the New GS from what I am seeing is another new added feature and so far in my testing it knocks out ground noise on difficult ground and so far I am not finding it to knock coins out so far.

I am going to send a request to make the threshold in Park, Field,and beach mode more like the threshold in Gold mode, the gold mode threshold is different from the other three modes which I was not understanding at first, the Park, field and beach threshold is a reference threshold, the gold mode threshold is a true threshold and there is a huge difference between the two thresholds, from what i am seeing

Very thankful as it is alot of details and information that otherwise the manufacturers would not be putting out there especially considering there are many variables such as different types of areas and scenarios.
So much that it would never be able to be covered in a manual and only improves future updates and models

The Threshold in Park, Field & Beach serve a different purpose that the Threshold in Goldfield. I certainly would not want to see that changed. Each is very useful for the intended purpose as is.

The Threshold in Park, Field & Beach serve a different purpose that the Threshold in Goldfield. I certainly would not want to see that changed. Each is very useful for the intended purpose as is.
Can you expand on this for those of us that don't typically deal with the threshold?

Can you expand on this for those of us that don't typically deal with the threshold?
I thought threshold was threshold no matter where i was swinging it.
Last time i used it though was in the sovereign curious myself how it works differently in different modes.

The Threshold in Park, Field & Beach is a reference threshold. The reference is the disc setting including the Ground Balance point. If you have a point on the TID scale notched/disc'd out the Threshold will blank/null on a target that hits at that point. This is very useful as an unobtrusive, easy to hear notice that a discriminated target is under the coil ALONG WITH any desired target. This gives you information you would not have otherwise. Because TIDs will down average on co-located/masked targets this blanking/null is your clue to investigate more closely. This same Reference Threshold will alert you if the ground has changed enough to be effecting your Ground Balance setting. On mineralized ground, an accurate/close GB is needed for best TID & performance.
In the Goldfield mode the Threshold is a True or Live threshold that sets the size/strength a signal needs to be for you begin hearing it. Think of it as a door that has to be pushed open. How weak/strong of a signal do you want able to get in the door? If you are hunting very small or deep targets this adjustment for YOUR hearing is important. You want a smooth running machine. The Legend User's Manual gives a good illustration of relative TH and signal strength.