Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend?

RwPen

Good morning detectors, have a question, about the Nokta Legend.
Do you ground balance or run in zero since most areas around me are not hot at all, and switching from 6" to 11" coils does it require a reset

If I can't get at least one bar on the Legend's Ground Indicator meter I will run it at 0 GB to start with and use A Disc to listen for any ground response. If I get some consistent Ground noise I will do a Auto GB and run that way if it is an improvement.
You do not have to do a reset when changing coils like some other makes(Garrett)

Welcome to the Forum from East Texas. Please post an introduction of yourself.

Do you ground balance or run in zero since most areas around me are not hot at all, and switching from 6" to 11" coils does it require a reset
I have tried both ways and I see absolutely no difference. 90% of the time I do not ground balance and have had great success. The Legend is an awesome detector.

Let it do its thing searching the 13 points, it does a good job staying quiet in normal conditions. I think you are supposed to do manual in either beach or goldfield modes, cant remember as I rarely get to use those.

Ron from North Central Idaho

to answer your question ground balancing the Legend is dependant on the ground you are detecting, if you are on what I refer to as cotton candy or ground that is like a cloud then a zero ground balance will most likely be all you need but if you are on ground like I detect which is on the extreme side of mineralization then the Legend will not run smooth at all at a zero ground balance, learn to activate the mineralization meter that was added with the 1.08 now 1.09 update it will tell you in a hurry what your ground is and whether you need to ground balance or not, for instance on the ground I detect the mineral meter on the left side which tells you what the iron particle content is in your ground, the right side of that same meter is for salt content in your ground, on the ground I detect the left side of that meter (Iron Particles) will literally peg at 10 bars and the right side of that same meter (Salt Content) will be at 5 bars by those reading if the mineral meter is correct the ground I detect is on the extreme side of mineralization there is no way I can run either of my legends at a zero ground balance my ground usually ground balances at a 96-98 in GB values

Let it do its thing searching the 13 points, it does a good job staying quiet in normal conditions. I think you are supposed to do manual in either beach or goldfield modes, cant remember as I rarely get to use those.

Ron from North Central Idaho
the auto ground balance seems to work vary well, what I have issues with is when I do perform a ground balance and my legend is running smooth after a bit with the tracking ground balance off both my Legends will literally start tracking down until they get to a zero ground balance, then both my Legends become really unstable and I have to re ground balance to get my Legends stable again, I have brought this issue to the attention of Nokta/Macro and Andy at We dig who is Nokta/Macro's repair person in the U.S, so I am hoping they fix this in the future update, I do not care what anyone else is seeing all that matters to me is what I am seeing which what I am seeing is the Ground Balance is not correct.

How well does Tracking ON work with your Machines & ground?

How well does Tracking ON work with your Machines & ground?
When I run tracking the GB values are closer to when I auto Ground Balance, but when running in GB tracing you loose depth on targets not sure how much depth you loose but you do loose depth just like on any detector that has a tracking ground balance. the Legend also when running with tracking does not track down to a zero ground balance which is what tells me the ground balance on the Legend is not correct

To explain my last two post more clearly
when I do a auto ground balance My GB values will be 90-98 most of the time 96 at 96 both my Legends are running smooth at the 96 GB, when I start detecting after doing an auto ground balance both my Legend's will literally track down until they hit zero, but if I switch to GB tracking both Legends will hold the GB values at that 96 or some where close, when I de activate the GB tracking both my Legends will then track down until they reach a zero GB value when they reach that zero value they both become vary vary unstable, which tells me that zero GB is not where my Legends need to be, I do not like to run in tracking when searching for gold nuggets because of depth loss you need all the depth you can achieve for gold nugget detecting (my opinion), you also have to trust your detector is running as stable as it can run which I personally do not trust the ground balance on the Legend at this point, unless I do run in GB tracking

again I am hoping Nokta fixes this with the future update that may be coming, do not know if they will unless they find someone besides myself on the type of ground I currently detect which is highly mineralized the other thing I have noticed is on less mineralized ground this does not seem to be an issue which I am not on mild ground by any means but I have detected some ground that is not very mineralized at all and had no issues with either of my legends becoming unstable on less mineralized ground.

Your describing the opposite of how the GB/Tracking is suppose to work.

The time or two I’ve done the tracking I noticed it went down to 0 as well. But, if I push the manual GB button with the coil on the ground I will then get a number (usually 53-56 where I’m at) and it stays stable. My assumption, and maybe I’m wrong) but it seems like counting down to 0 is like getting the GB and the coil to both read 0, or neutral, and then pushing the GB button gets you a “true” ground balance number. Hope this makes sense???? At least thats my interpretation.

Your describing the opposite of how the GB/Tracking is suppose to work.
the GB tracking on any detector is supposed to automatically adjust the ground balance as the ground changes in mineralization or decreases in mineralization, if I start out in tracking the tracking will change as the ground changes, when I do a auto ground balance as in my earlier statement that is when I see the things I am seeing the tracking ground balance I believe is functioning as it is supposed to function its just the auto ground balance I do not trust when it starts dropping GB values with out having the tracking on.

The time or two I’ve done the tracking I noticed it went down to 0 as well. But, if I push the manual GB button with the coil on the ground I will then get a number (usually 53-56 where I’m at) and it stays stable. My assumption, and maybe I’m wrong) but it seems like counting down to 0 is like getting the GB and the coil to both read 0, or neutral, and then pushing the GB button gets you a “true” ground balance number. Hope this makes sense???? At least thats my interpretation.
it is not going to zero if I run tracking the tracking seems to be the only ground balance that appears to be functioning properly, the tracking will increase or decrease as the ground I am detecting changes but not all the way down to zero it is only when I do a auto ground balance and leave the tracking off that my ground balance drops to zero

Hello,

Thanks for reaching us...

Does not require a factory reset when you change the coils.

Best Regards
Serdar DURMAZ
Regional Sales Representative

picture

Nobody seemed to understand GB in my soil for some reason or just not describing it correctly. Have no mineralization so when using a manual gb detector like a tesoro where you actually have to gb the detector by turning a knob to set it manually before you use it, no matter where you set the knob it made no difference whatsoever in what the detector told you as you pump the coil up and down.
I think that people now are so used to using a detector that auto gb they don't really grasp and understand a truly manual gb detector. There is a difference between actually turning a knob to set it and having the detector “ turn the knob” for you to set it
People will say “ just pump the coil and adjust it like the instructions say, whats the problem?
Well the problem is that when you pump the coil it doesn’t change wherever you set it. So i wonder how the detector actually sets it in neutral soil. Does it really matter or not. I am trusting that it auto sets it correctly. Wrong gb can significantly reduce performance and this is an issue with any detector not just the legend. If it doesn’t matter in truly neutral soil than does it not matter if you even have the detector set it. Just turn on and go without even doing a gb basically