Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Length of Impact collapsed ?

Hello, could anyone tell me the length of an Impact collapsed to it shortest length ? I'm wondering if I could get one into my ATV box without disassembly.
Thanks
Vic

my Impact's length is ±50". It will depend upon the thickness of the search coil, but the Impact's rod system with the internal coil cable does sometimes get a bit particular when it comes to adjusting the rod length to fit you just right. I keep both of mine extended only to the 1" mark. Not at the '1' but at the line between the '1' and '2' numbers. For me that keep the coils in a proper position about 12" to 18" in front of my toe and not extended way out there which causes poor sweep technique and imbalance.

I don't have a straddle-the-seat ATV, just a 4-door Kawasaki Teryx and I leave my detectors assembled and ready to use and can transport them with the coil on the floor and arm-cup end up by the seat-back. A friend of mine uses an ATV but breaks his detector down into two parts for transport and that's probably what I wouild do with the Impact.

Thanks Monte ! With the current promotion going on I am considering giving an Impact a try to accompany my Racer 2. Hope to make it up to your neck of the woods for one of the WTHO's.
Hope you are doing well and also hope that they catch the thieves that stole your detectors...
Vic