Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lens Suggestion ??

2&Fro

I thought I would give photography a try, I have always wanted to so I bought me a Sony Alpha A37 SLR Camera. It came with a 18-55mm lens. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good lens that would be good for just about anything I wanted to do? Is there 1 good all around lens that would pretty much do it all?

Sony makes another kit lens, 75-300mm f4.5/5.6 lens which is a pretty good lens for normal use. With your 18-55mm lens and the 75-300mm lens, you will be set for most pictures that you will want to take. Some folks will talk bad about kit lenses, but these two lenses are pretty good and I use both of them from time to time. I also use some older Minolta AF lenses and you might want to check to make sure that they will work on your camera. I personally think that they will work. Here is a link that will provide you information about the Minolta AF lenses. You can save lots of money using the Minolta lenses.

http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/index.asp

Below are a few pictures that I took using the Sony 75-300mm kit lens. Good luck and post some pictures when you have time. Kelley (Texas) :)

Pictures taken with the Sony 75-300mm kit lens.

[attachment 249364 20120702_22_edited7-2-12.jpg]

[attachment 249365 20120702_8_edited7-2-12_border.jpg]

[attachment 249366 014_edited10-5-12.jpg]

[attachment 249367 045_edited10-5-12.jpg]

Thanx for the info Kelly, I was looking at the Minolta lenses on ebay, It looks like I could get a pretty inexpensive lens for my Sony there. By the way, The A37 I am getting uses Sony's A Mount system so I have quite a big choice of different brand lenses available to me.

that I provided. Each lens has a rating system and you can use it as a guide in chosing what lens to purchase. I do still recommend the 75-300mm kit lens, it is a decent lens.

Yesterday, I posted a picture on this Forum of an old railroad bridge. I used a vintage (1985) Minolta 35-105mm lens to take that picture. I like the all metal/glass lens in the so called "Beer Can" series made from 1985 to the early 1990's. Again, read the rating guide and also read the field reports written by actual users. Good luck! Kelley (Texas) :)

For about $250.00 you could get a whole new camera with all the lens options you would ever need (all in one) 24mm wide to 720mm zoom. All this is what I have on my FujiFilm HS20EXR ( the lens is non- removeable). It is not an "slr" but has many features that DSLR's don't have. This is the camera that the pics come from that I post on here.......nge