Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's see those guitar players

Southwind

The only think I've done longer than metal detecting is playing guitar. I started when I was about 9-10. Played my first gig in 1969 for the A&W Christmas party and my last gig was 1989 at the University of Oklahoma. Since then I've been recording my own stuff in my home studio. Over the years I learned to play Bass, Keys, Drums and whatever it took to make the music and that has come in real handy now that I do my own stuff. I generally download drum tracks off the Internet to save time, because I don't have a drum set and programming drums takes so long, and then add everything else myself. I've played everything from Country as Country can get to Heavy Metal. Oddly at 60 years old my favorite music is either old classics like CCR or Eagles to Motley Cure, Ratt, Styper, Night Ranger etc.

Me and my first guitar.

Terry_Kenny.jpg

One of my favorite guitars right now. A flawless 2014 120th Anniversary Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus.

10_1_2016_LP9.jpg

9_25_18.jpg

And you think detectors cost a lot.

9_25_27.jpg

You have all the coolest toys southwind... i have several guitars but nothing photo worthy... i took lessons over 20 years ago but never really got it.. years later i took the time to learn how to read tab which helped alot but unless i play alot what little talent i have fades real fast ha ha... i have alot of the same musical tastes as yourself , i also like many of the classic british bands too, beatles, older floyd, moody blues,alan parsons project etc etc... i live 5 miles from Martin guitar but never owned one... i live about 20 miles from a small theater that books a lot of nationally touring tribute band shows.. unfortunatly im better at listening to music than playing it.. that's one fine ax you got there and pretty too....

I am one too. Just purchased a Gibson 2017 firebird. My first new guitar ever. Have had a ton of them but now only 2. I have a very nice Carvin as well. But I always wanted a firebird and just broke down and got one. I love it too!!

IS that a tiger wood finish ???

Love the Firebird. That will probably be my next purchase.

I did just buy a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional plain top in HCSB. I just love the cherry sunbursts I guess.

I had heard that the 2016 T (Traditional) was one of the better LP's being made and I have to say I do really like it. The difference between the Les Paul Standard and the Les Paul Traditional is that the standard has all the latest goodies such as PUP tapping and such. The Traditions maintains the original older style Les Paul characteristics such as older style weight relief, or none at all, and the older style neck and PUPs so you get that 70'-80's sound.

LP_2016_T_1.jpg

LP_2016_T_2.jpg

I had a Les Paul that I bought new in 1992. I traveled around the world with it with my old band Dieselhed and with my new band ( past 15 years) Dengue Fever. I recently had to sell it. I had stopped using it anyway due to the weight. Now I play a Jazzmaster with a P90 in the bridge and Strat pick up in the neck.
I hurt my wrist about a year ago and it doesn't feel good to play guitar. I still rehears and am able to tour but I've been playing a lot more Irish flute and standard flute these days. One of the best part about touring is I get to metal detect all around the world.