Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lets start a thread for programs

Larry posted one that I have loaded into my "Basic 1" slot. What settings are you using in your area? As we gain experience and find tweaks that work in various areas here in the US, lets post about them. If anyone knows of a good place to find programs, please share links. Thanks all and I can't wait to put some serious hours on this detector over the coming weeks. HH -Marc

My program for junky parks is a work in progress Marc and I made a couple of adjustments today. I found Reactants 2 gave me better audio than 1 and I found a use for N3 notch. I had a ton of square tabs coming in at 59-61.

Hi Larry,

I thought your first notch was put in from 50-58? If you are adding 59-61, why wouldn't you notch 50-61 then? This might be an ignorant question but I don't understand why you would use a third notch instead of just expanding the first one more? Thanks for your help. I will be testing a lot of gold with your program tomorrow but from my quick tests today, I found that several gold rings fell in the high 50's, low 60's so I hope they still come through. As you stated, this is a trashy park program (not intended for gold) so these notches might serve perfectly for cleaning coins out of a trashy park (minus some gold of course). I appreciate your ongoing help and I look forward to your reply about my notch question. Thanks, Marc

I've started up a library of programs from all sorts of sources.

BUT a warning!...

In reading about the development of the original programs..I understand they were made by the late John Lynn AKA Norfolk Wolf. As such they should be considered superior programs and only changed slightly and only when we have the experience.

Regards, Joe (California)

Good point Marc, I was just fine tuning on the fly and I think I will scale down N1 some more and do away with N2, I think N1 is too wide for the pull tabs. I would still like to hear some of that area for a possible gold ring. I normally do not hunt with this much discrimination and normally do not hunt in very trashy parks. G-Maxx is more my style in cleaner ground, I have just been playing with a program to hunt very trashy parks and still keep my sanity for those concerned about my high discrimination.

More than anything, I wanted to prove to myself just how good the Deus was hunting in the trash that many others avoid.......... I would have to give the Deus an A+ in that area. :thumbup:

Thanks Larry, I didn't know if there was something you found in the processing that made a difference by separating those ranges, thanks for clarifying.

Joe- Do you have a link to your library of programs by any chance?

Thanks guys and HH -Marc

Very effective program for farmers field hunting is simply using the Gmp program with 12khz, most of my old finds have been found using this program.:detecting:

Hey Marc - I wonder how you get a post to stay at the top of the forum list? If this thread that you started catches on, it will contain a lot of good information that I would like to reference without having to search for it.

After 21 months of Deus use in northern parts of Poland I have developed settings which serve me well. Probably for most of you it will be a hardcore
I use mostly GMP program:
18 kHz, sometimes 12 kHz
Discrimination 10
Sensivity 99, sometimes I lower it by one or two points
TX 3
3 tone
GB on Tracking ( I ignore hot rock signals by ear)
All other settings as preset

This is a program "Gonehunting" posted on another thread. Since I was thinking about it, I went ahead and put it on here for us.

"I had someone else ask this, and this is what I sent them.. Hope it helps..The settings I have been using for coin hunting in town is. Deus fast with some mods...
Disc 12
sens 97
freq 17 or 11 depending on trashy it is.. If there is alot of small trash I go to 11.
Iron volume 2 or 3
reactivity 1 that makes it faster in the trash.
audio response at 4 sometimes 3 if the ground is hot. decreases depth though
no notch.
on the Disc in expert i use 4 tones, with Iron at 202 @12, 2nd tone at 404 @ 50(just below gold and nickels(62), 3rd tone at 81 just below lowest pennies(leaves out fatty indians, don't have them here so no need) 4th tone is 757 @ everything above 81 to catch all the pennies and up..."

I have noticed that many do not pay any attention to GB, which is crucial to the depth. I do not know much about ground in US, they say is it is heavy mineralised, but over here it is better to lower it manuall by a few points let say to 87 or 88. I prefer to have it on Tracking, where some hot rock give a distinct sound.

This is my coin hunting program :

Disc 10
sens 90
4 tones
Notch 00-00
Frequency 11.8
Iron vol 0
Reactivity 2
Silencer 2
Audio response 4

thresholds are set like this:

T1 id 0-9
T2 id 10-56
T3 id 57-90
T4 id 91-98

Tone frequency:

T1 200 mhz
T2 455 mhz
T3 644 mhz
T4 791 mhz

I dont know, how this program will work in Usa, but it is seems to be good program for hunting euro coins and likes silver too.

Sure would be nice if the "Frenchies" would come up with a program/App simular to the Explorer/Etrac Emulator.
At the very least something that would let you wade through the Menu Structure. I know you can do it
with the remote, but just saying..................... I sure learned a lot from the Explorer Emulator on rainy days
about which button to push up, down , right, left.... I know its in the manual, but I learn easier by doing.

Finder82 said:
This sounds like a good program that i would like to give a try but one question. Could you explain a little bit better about the threshold id? i can only program them t1/t2 t2/t3 t3/t4. It looks like you have all 4 T's set with different settings but i can only do 3. I have 4tones set up like you have...

Disc 10
sens 90
4 tones
Notch 00-00
Frequency 11.8
Iron vol 0
Reactivity 2
Silencer 2
Audio response 4

T1 id 0-9
T2 id 10-56
T3 id 57-90
T4 id 91-98

Tone frequency:

T1 200 mhz
T2 455 mhz
T3 644 mhz
T4 791 mhz

I dont know, how this program will work in Usa, but it is seems to be good program for hunting euro coins and likes silver too.

Dr.Deus said:
Finder82 said:
This sounds like a good program that i would like to give a try but one question. Could you explain a little bit better about the threshold id? i can only program them t1/t2 t2/t3 t3/t4. It looks like you have all 4 T's set with different settings but i can only do 3. I have 4tones set up like you have...

Disc 10
sens 90
4 tones
Notch 00-00
Frequency 11.8
Iron vol 0
Reactivity 2
Silencer 2
Audio response 4

T1 id 0-9
T2 id 10-56
T3 id 57-90
T4 id 91-98

Tone frequency:

T1 200 mhz
T2 455 mhz
T3 644 mhz
T4 791 mhz

T1/T2 breakpoint: 10
T2/T3 breakpoint: 57
T3/T4 breakpoint: 90

Awesome finder82 THANK YOU! im going to give this program a shot here in the U.S! Give me about a week so i can give a solid opinion about this program. Thanks again. HH

Finder82 said:
Dr.Deus said:
Finder82 said:

Disc 10
sens 90
4 tones
Notch 00-00
Frequency 11.8
Iron vol 0
Reactivity 2
Silencer 2
Audio response 4

T1 id 0-9
T2 id 10-56
T3 id 57-90
T4 id 91-98

Tone frequency:

T1 200 mhz
T2 455 mhz
T3 644 mhz
T4 791 mhz

T1/T2 breakpoint: 10
T2/T3 breakpoint: 57
T3/T4 breakpoint: 90
Hey Finder82 i have a question for you.. Do you think that this program would be fixed to a specific site or would you say that this is just for general purpose hunting?

TRASHY HUNT PROGRAM

GM Power Adjust to;

DISC. 6.6

DISC. EXPERT; 3 TONES, TONE 1; 202 HZ TONE 2; 518 HZ TONE 3; 644 HZ

ADJUST ONLY TONE 2 Threshold TO; 6.6 TO 69

SENSITIVITY; 80

SENSITIVITY EXPERT; TX POWER 2

FREQ. 11.7

IRON VOLUME; 2

REACTIVITY; 3

REACTIVITY EXPERT SILENCER;2

AUDIO RESPONSE; 4

GROUND BALANCE MANUAL; 2 POINTS ABOVE GROUND MINERALIZATION

GOOD PROGRAM WITHOUT TOO MUCH TONE NOISE.

Remember, swing low and SLOW.

Good luck and happy hunting!