Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Letter from alain

targits

Just appeared in my mail

Attachments

• IMG_1568.png
    IMG_1568.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
I hope XP isn't worried about whatever this new Garrett machine is. They've actually been releasing new products and offering software updates while the Garrett line of detectors has mostly languished.

I think that XP is maybe just chasing the Internet traffic that the Garrett ads are generating online. The search engine optimization at these companies must be pretty intense. I'm sure XPmwants to be the top search result when you Google things like "best metal detector" and whatnot.

That was my guess anyhow, for the press release from XP. I did click a couple times on their website just to see if anything new happened.

That's why, if you signed up for the Garrett "event" it was three or four clicks to get it done. More time on the page pushes your site up in the search results. You internet gurus might have a better explanation, but that was my take.

No matter what machine a person has, it has to be recognized that XP is different in a few ways. Believe me, it took a GIANT leap of faith and some good advice from friends to go from ML to XP. Each company out there has its loyal following, but is it for the right reasons? Why do you like you Ford or Toyota or Chevy? Is it because it’s YOURS or because it’s genuinely and measurably “better”? It seems like Alain wants to drive home the point that frosting is just frosting, there has to be some substance of cake down there somewhere that makes a genuine and measurable difference. He and his team have made that point and by just letting the equipment speak for itself, it makes it solidly unrefutable. No party horns, no lights, no confetti or bullshit. Exactly as I like it.

I think that XP is maybe just chasing the Internet traffic that the Garrett ads are generating online. The search engine optimization at these companies must be pretty intense. I'm sure XPmwants to be the top search result when you Google things like "best metal detector" and whatnot.

That was my guess anyhow, for the press release from XP. I did click a couple times on their website just to see if anything new happened.

That's why, if you signed up for the Garrett "event" it was three or four clicks to get it done. More time on the page pushes your site up in the search results. You internet gurus might have a better explanation, but that was my take.
That is old SEO methods. A doc about Googles search engine methods indicate that You can find all the files here, but you should know that over 14,000 possible ranking signals/features exist, and it’ll take you an entire day (or, in my case, night) to dig through everything. https://searchengineland.com/unpacking-googles-massive-search-documentation-leak-442716

No matter what machine a person has, it has to be recognized that XP is different in a few ways. Believe me, it took a GIANT leap of faith and some good advice from friends to go from ML to XP. Each company out there has its loyal following, but is it for the right reasons? Why do you like you Ford or Toyota or Chevy? Is it because it’s YOURS or because it’s genuinely and measurably “better”? It seems like Alain wants to drive home the point that frosting is just frosting, there has to be some substance of cake down there somewhere that makes a genuine and measurable difference. He and his team have made that point and by just letting the equipment speak for itself, it makes it solidly unrefutable. No party horns, no lights, no confetti or bullshit. Exactly as I like it.
I remember the weeks of all the ML 800 hype before the actual release. I was personally invested in the AT Pro that I was using. But all the pre-release hype got me interested in the 800. And I got one of the very early ones, about two weeks from the release date. But boy did I have a time learning it. Actually never did really learn it after a year and 1/2. got fed up and bought and CTX3030 from your's and Dewayne's advice. Love the CTX but it was just too heavy and sold it to buy the XP Deus 2. Now still I am currently really learning the XP Deus 2 with the advice of a few trusted members on this forum. But I still miss that very good CTX3030 FE/CO screen. The very best I ever used, even better than any modern SMF screen. Would absolutely love to have it as my XP Deus 2 screen. Yes we really get attached to our current machine. If I had to buy a third backup detector (my second is my WS6 module) it would be the Legend. I would also recommend that as a starter detector for a friend.

I remember the weeks of all the ML 800 hype before the actual release. I was personally invested in the AT Pro that I was using. But all the pre-release hype got me interested in the 800. And I got one of the very early ones, about two weeks from the release date. But boy did I have a time learning it. Actually never did really learn it after a year and 1/2. got fed up and bought and CTX3030 from your's and Dewayne's advice. Love the CTX but it was just too heavy and sold it to buy the XP Deus 2. Now still I am currently really learning the XP Deus 2 with the advice of a few trusted members on this forum. But I still miss that very good CTX3030 FE/CO screen. The very best I ever used, even better than any modern SMF screen. Would absolutely love to have it as my XP Deus 2 screen. Yes we really get attached to our current machine. If I had to buy a third backup detector (my second is my WS6 module) it would be the Legend. I would also recommend that as a starter detector for a friend.
Well said John. And I’m not quite sure why we have never seen a FECO screen except on ML machines. Patent? Dunno. Some say it isn’t useful. I beg to differ. A lot.

I miss the FE/CO of the Exp II, man did I connect with that data…….
I did ok with the 800 and the 40 TDI limit.
Today I enjoy the Deus 2 but feel I might not have it down as well as the above machines.
Lazy these days but I need to go back to those machines because I knew them well
Tony NJ

Call me weird but I still like using my older detectors , my DFX and my Explorer even though I feel the Deus 2 is the best detector I have ever swung I still get a kick when I find something good with my old horses. In my opinion the D2 is head and shoulders above anything else I have used, maybe Garrett will come up with a winner and make a splash like they did with the AT pro but it will have to go some to reach the Deus 2 level. I would love it if they reintroduced some version of the V3i.