Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Li-on battery 3.7v 18650 holder for Minelab explorer / e-trac and other

romanchuksl

Hi! I have made holder for li-on 18650 battery. It excellent thing, need only three battery. and capacity of 2700mah are almost enough for 5 days.
made for battery size 18mm X 65mm

This is very cool! Where can I get one and how much would it cost? Also...where can I find the batteries to fit it? Will a regular Minelab charger charge those type batteries? Thanks!

Charles

I am from Ukraine. Don't know how mach will be shipping cost. I will ask about it in post office. battery need without protection(65mm long). about charge you need charger for li-on battery. like this http://aliexpress.com/item/Liitokala-lii500-LCD-3-7V-1-2V-AA-AAA-18650-26650-16340-14500-10440-18500-Battery/32586550153.html
or this chip board(on photo this board in body) http://ru.aliexpress.com/item/TP4056-1A-Lipo-Battery-Charging-Board-Charger-Module-lithium-battery-DIY-MICRO-Port-Mike-USB/32432029451.html

also lithium batteries don't have a “memory effect”. you can charge it when you want. don't need to discharge battery like NiMH
one battery 18650 3200mah cost 4-5usd. or you can get battery from old notebook battery(ordinary six 18650 in one)
you no longer need dozens of AA batteries:cheers:

Roman, I have to say that your new battery holder is a good job. You should post it on the modification forum.
Something like this will lessen the weight we all carry around.
It's too late for me though - I bought envelop batteries this past spring and still use all six batteries.

thanks)). but why six? in original holder eight AA battery.

all profit from li-ion battery is price and working time on one charge. 2700mah enough for almost 5 days(with headphones)

I should have asked how you made that battery pod, did you use 3 D printing? Or did you make changes to a slimline Minelab pod?

3d printing. yesterday first holder goes outside Ukraine to US. ))
I find the way to take payment through paypal.

on photo my primary project. made by myself, I want to start small mass production