Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LID TO OLD BANK

tencents

An old savings bank lid local bank no longer in business.

Attachments

• 20210621_144534.jpg
    20210621_144534.jpg
    905.7 KB · Views: 131
That form of promotion was popular with Banks in the early 20th Century. Probably effective too. I found one at an old house site for The First National Bank of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Yours is in better shape than mine. Great find.

That form of promotion was popular with Banks in the early 20th Century. Probably effective too. I found one at an old house site for The First National Bank of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Yours is in better shape than mine. Great find.
Reads like you had to go to the bank to get it open, I guess somebody couldn't wait.

Some of those old promotional items have way better interest appeal than some of the crap they hand out now.

It was offered as a way to build a Savings Account. The Bank held the key to open it and a patron would deposit the money in the account. Then you took it back home and saved up some more.

It was offered as a way to build a Savings Account. The Bank held the key to open it and a patron would deposit the money in the account. Then you took it back home and saved up some more.
What save money!?? Now people spend it faster than they earn it!
Cool piece of history to bad it’s not a practice in use today by that I mean saving money...
Mark

It was offered as a way to build a Savings Account. The Bank held the key to open it and a patron would deposit the money in the account. Then you took it back

What save money!?? Now people spend it faster than they earn it!
Cool piece of history to bad it’s not a practice in use today by that I mean saving money...
Mark
That was back when the interest would actually make your savings grow.