Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Like Diamonds in the Surf, Excalibur Endcaps & Mods

OldBeechnut

This year I decided to make a few kits for the Excalibur instead of hunting the 38 degree cold waters. Open...Jan 1 to Feb 15. Shop is Now closed but like to share a few shots of these Jewels, each like a fine Diamond.

All evolved from hunting deep saltwater over the past two years with hundreds of hours of testing, then taking what I learned and making these kits. Each endcap is beyond factor specs with a fatter o-ring and tighter clearances then polished to a diamond luster. And........... I finally Mastered Making those Black Pod covers...They Look factory Perfect!

Best to all this coming Season! Come on Warm Waters!! I'm ready to hunt!!

Joe

A note from a Water hunter who has used and just got another complete kit this past round.

XXX said:
After several years and multiple detectors, ATX, ctx etc, seems like you just cannot beat a modified Excalibur.

and these look good. I like the one for the coil change, since I already have the PP mod you did for me and if I wanted to be able to change coils I would have to use the Excal PP kit and coil change endcap with M-12 4 pin male connectors, correct? How much for this kit Joe and does it include instructions? This would be a good project for me, thanks, John

Nice work! as usual Joe Do you have any double heyco end caps left?

That first picture confuses me Joe...... that looks like a battery connector. Are you using it to connect coils..... if so there is only one cap connector how do you connect it to the battery?

As someone who thought ahead i was lucky enough to be the squeaky wheel and get several of Joes end caps this year. Outstanding work Joe..... thanks for all the extras too.

Dew

Dew, look closer at the image. It is the battery connector with a connector for switching out different coils next to it.

I was lucky enough to get two remote pinpoint setups last year from Joe. Real nice stuff and he really takes care to include extras to make for a real nice finished unit. His communication is top notch and he's always there for any questions that you may have. And for all you guys out there that aren't sure, all metal is deeper then disc. Having the remote is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thanks Joe for all you do for us.

surfman said:
Dew, look closer at the image. It is the battery connector with a connector for switching out different coils next to it.

Thanks Buddy, and yes I have been using this one for over a year. You do have to keep them silicon greased but they work great with no leakage of the signal or falsing when hunting saltwater.

Oldbeechnut,
Please let me know when you open up your shop again...If you please..my unit is still down..thanks..VGHOST

The door is open for you anytime just to get you thru this, but I have closed shop for all others and will reopen Jan n Feb.. but I do start getting stuff together Dec 1...So any time between now and then is fine..just drop me a line and let me know what you need...

Dear OldBeachnut:
I wanted to thank you so very much for your reply. I am humbled and grateful...
What I need is both end caps replaced with the wiring. All my wires inside the end-caps freyed and fell apart. I thought I could run new wiring which I have, but the end caps wiring-going into them proved to be too brittle and I was unable to run that wire and broke the inside lines of the wires.
I have both the pieces of each end cap, new wire, but from the end cap into the tube I a dead. Can you,,,,make both end caps with the wiring coming out.? I can actually send you my pieces so you can see what you would be working with. I can also send photos....my email available. just let me know what you need for funding and for photos.
Your work of what you have shown looks amazing...very impressive...
I have no deadline and I am willing to wait as i have...Just please let me know cost and what you need from me. I am glad you provide you with what ever means you need. I totally understand your time line and will WAIT until you have time even if means next season.
Tell me you want to see or get from me and I will provide that.
Again i am extremely grateful...
VGHOST
ps.......how does one reach the other outside of here? I have phone and email. pllease advise..thank you again

VGHOST said:
Dear OldBeachnut:
I wanted to thank you so very much for your reply. I am humbled and grateful...
What I need is both end caps replaced with the wiring. All my wires inside the end-caps freyed and fell apart. I thought I could run new wiring which I have, but the end caps wiring-going into them proved to be too brittle and I was unable to run that wire and broke the inside lines of the wires.
I have both the pieces of each end cap, new wire, but from the end cap into the tube I a dead. Can you,,,,make both end caps with the wiring coming out.? I can actually send you my pieces so you can see what you would be working with. I can also send photos....my email available. just let me know what you need for funding and for photos.
Your work of what you have shown looks amazing...very impressive...
I have no deadline and I am willing to wait as i have...Just please let me know cost and what you need from me. I am glad you provide you with what ever means you need. I totally understand your time line and will WAIT until you have time even if means next season.
Tell me you want to see or get from me and I will provide that.
Again i am extremely grateful...
VGHOST
ps.......how does one reach the other outside of here? I have phone and email. pllease advise..thank you again

Welcome, I tried to send you a message thru the forum here but seems your a invalid recipient. So can you post me a few pictures, I can do the endcaps no problem but the only wire I can provide is the battery wire since the coil and head phone wires are hardwired. So post me a few pictures so I can see if I can explain. Thanks Joe

Only Jan n Feb...