Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Listing a SE as an "SE Pro" if it's been matched w/a pro coil ?

Tom_in_CA

Hey guys, Re.: the evolution of the Explorer series: I have an original SE, that has since been matched with a "pro" coil. Recall that when the "SE" incarnation was introduced, it originally had a coil that proved to be unpopular. So Minelab quickly introduced a better coil to it. And that became the SE "pro". Right ?

And from everything I've studied, the 2 different generations of SE's were identical (essentially). EXCEPT for the coil.

Thus my question is: If I've since matched a pro coil to the earlier SE, then is it proper and fair to call it an SE Pro? For purposes of making a for-sale ad ?

thanx!

Don't you have to scribble "Professional" on the side too? I thought I'd seen other discussions about how the electronics were different,slightly different recovery speed,this and that...but I really don't know,I'm just bored.

Why not just be honest and say its an SE with the pro coil. Calling it an SE pro means its not as old.
You see theres a reason thats beneficial to call it the pro model...honesty always is best.

Thanx guys. I think I'll just list it as "SE with a pro coil". Rather than "SE pro".

As for the any changes in the control box, from the SE to the SE pro, they were negligible and incidental. Such that the the depth, sounds, tones, controls, etc... were the same. Hence I've read over and over that the only changes were the coil. But sure, someone may make a stink, or make a judgement on "age" , so .... will be careful with the ad . Thanx.

I bought one that was advertised as an SE Pro.. It had no marking as a Professional so I actually bought a "SE with a pro coil". I believe as Neil.. otherwise seems a little misleading

I run an official SE 11" Pro, a buddy runs the SE with the SE 10"Slimline coil. We match on depth reading comparisons in the field. I suspect that the SE Pro is tuned to the 11" coil and the previous SE matches the SW with the 10" coil for exact depths. The difference being only and inch in could be so small it's a wash though. We'd have to swap coils to confirm I guess.

There's also a difference in VDI readings for quarters too. My Pro reads them as 0029, his reads 0028. Might mean nothing. Dimes are off also.

Out of curiosity Tom....what machine are you mainly running now? The EX2?