Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little bleeps

hunter12

I went to the beach for 2 days, I have a Nox 600 that I love. running in beach1 or 2 , every once in awhile I'd get a bleep and maybe a number 2 or 4 on the box. When I would go back and forth with the coil it would go away sound and number.I checked the coil wire movement, no problem. I run in 0 GB. other than that machine worked fine. I'm still learning the machine. What do you think. thanks

Last edited:
It’s not unusual to hear little non repeating chirps while hunting saltwater beach especially if you are near the wet/ dry line..If it bothers you you could lower the sensetivity one setting or go from separation 1 to separation 2 and see if it’s more stable or just adjust your brain to disregard the 1 way signals..

Thanks, bootyhpundpa, It makes sence, you right about where it did it. Right at the dry/wet line, never did it in the low surf, or dry sand. Thanks again.

Down here you get a bleep if you sweep the coil across the dry/wet line or if your sensitivity is too high. You don't mention noice cancel but try that if you haven't and try ground balance. If the sand is really mineralized, sweeping north-south is quieter than east-west. You might sweep at a 45 after the bleep. I believe balance is the key to the 800. And many times try Beach 2 everywhere (did not want to believe that but after some good coin lines using it it works). HH

Yeah, you have to just get used to the many bleeps you will get and wait for the solid, repeatable 2-way tones that are repeatable when turning 90deg as well.

Thanks all. I did findout leaving GB at 0 than auto seems to work better.