Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little Civil War relic hunting this weekend

lse450cc

I don't think the ring is Civil War. It looks like it was made later . Maybe, off of farm equipment. Did the soldiers in the civil war set around chewing bullets? You think they were hungry.

Nice group of relics. That guy must have been really hungry. HH

Nice haul! You must be digging at a campsite? I have a few chewed bullets like those...they may have been chewing them because they were nervous?
Thanks for sharing

That is a good hunt. CCH

That's a good day of diggin' for sure. I've got a coffee can full of " chewed bullets" and all were found over the years in campsites. I'm a firm believer these fellows sit around playing cards, jaw jacking or just in deep thought , worry and concern about their situation and popped a soft lead bullet in their mouth just like we chew on an ink pen, pencil, or chewing gum.
I once found 5 bullets in one hole all covered in teeth marks, some were partially carved on. But who knows for sure except those fellows who were there.
Nice finds Pal

They may have chewed on a bullet to distract them from the pain associated with the bullet lodged in other parts of their body. They didn't have enough Loganum like we had morphine.