Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little Ebay help from fellow Garrettonians

Hey ladies and gents,

I used to post quite a bit a few years back and hope get back DT'n this fall for some posts. In the meantime I have my 2500 on ebay as I need to feed the kids this summer. I have a bidder that first contacted to remove and sell to him, I said NO, he has now bid on
my item. I noticed he has tons of POSITIVE feedback ...... but the write ups say did not pay over and over... BUT they are positive.
Can anyone explain how this is possible? I get the heck out and let you guys get back G talking. Just looking for a place to turn to.

Thanks,
David

An eBay seller told me that eBay has made it harder for sellers to give negative feedback to buyers. Now, I do not know if that is true, partially true, or, not.

I suppose you could contact some of the sellers who left positive feedback and ask them about him. That would be the safest way. If he wins and doesn't pay, you could re-list it. Only if he wins and doesn't pay, you may check the tools as a seller that you have and if he bids on the next listing, you could see if there is a way to retract, or, cancel his bid.

Write to a couple of the sellers who left him positive but said that he didn't pay, and see what they said, or, how they handled it.

Good luck to you.

Nestor

That don't sound like a good bidder to me if your having doubts your probably right!

I recall one time I bid on an item bu didn't win it. Can't recall the circumstances, but the seller contacted me with another "deal" which I took. Only to find out later that ebay rules do not apply. So be careful about doing deals outside the auction block.

Ebay has changed their policy, and as a seller, you can only leave positive feedback for buyers. It is a stupid system, and I have all but stopped using ebay because of this. If the buyer doesn't pay, you have to go through a long process and file a 'non paying bidder' complaint, and then wait for 30 days for ebay to 'decide' if they are going to refund your listing fee and final value fee. The buyer can leave you any feedback he wants, and you can't do anything about it. Even if the winning bidder doesn't pay you at all, your only feedback options are ' leave feedback later' or 'positive'. I have gotten stuck a few times with deadbeat bidders, but there is no way for a seller to warn others of the buyer's habits. I'm guessing that the other sellers chose the positive feedback option because it was the only way they could warn others.
I'd avoid the guy like the plague, if I were in your shoes.
Good luck with your auction!
Darren

Thanks to everyone, I did more research and came up with similar answers. I will continue to buy things on Ebay here and there, As far as sellers, it is their stuff and the item belongs to them.
As always, rules only affect the people trying to do right....... Thanks again to all.... it had been about four years since I tried to sell anything. Times change.

My stuff is heading for the classifieds here.

Hey David, whether he pays you or not, you need to get rid of that GTI 2500.

They are cherry pickers.

Like a dummy I had one for 5 years.

It made me mad when I got this same advice.

But my buddy Jim was right and I should have got rid of it sooner.