Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little hunting with the safari

woodbutcher

Hey guys, somone needs to breathe a little life into this Safari section. Took the Safari out to a local ballfield,nothing great but it really cleaned up on what was left. Best find was some green wheats,change and a chunky cheese token..But the Safari is such a great machine,I’ve had Etracs,explorers etc,,and the Safari is just an animal in its own right.
I’m not a creeper,I swing the coil about 3 seconds from side to side,and to me I hit just as deep and just as much as creeping. I can’t say enough good about this machine,it just don’t miss a coin.

Attachments

• 5D8C92DD-FA0A-4741-B5A5-374AA91DC648.jpeg
    5D8C92DD-FA0A-4741-B5A5-374AA91DC648.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 271
  • 718D249D-9870-49CC-84CB-CA7DF06A642C.jpeg
    718D249D-9870-49CC-84CB-CA7DF06A642C.jpeg
    824.3 KB · Views: 259
  • C5CAE599-8C53-4E8D-9CF7-36430482EC44.jpeg
    C5CAE599-8C53-4E8D-9CF7-36430482EC44.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 260
  • 7C22A8B8-AA65-49C1-97DF-06D812F68B5F.jpeg
    7C22A8B8-AA65-49C1-97DF-06D812F68B5F.jpeg
    587.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 9A4748A9-EBE9-4DF7-86A9-538301A63EF1.jpeg
    9A4748A9-EBE9-4DF7-86A9-538301A63EF1.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 270
Great hunt and Saves Woodbutcher. I really like my Safari too. I hope to take it out for a spin soon. Georgia is beginning to finally cool off a little.

Nice hunt Woodbutcher. Maybe go slow and low for those deeper, iffy signals.....Silver should be tid at 39 especially barbers and older. In addition, it's been my experience that these older silver coins will actually line up with the "I" in the word silver on the graph bar too.... Safari is still on deck, as Nox 800 usually leads off due to lighter weight...Weather cooling off here in No Florida too. but I missed the beach after a recent nor'easter
HH & GL

Is anyone here familiar with or have used the Minelab 8' Pro coil for the FBS detectors? I bought a 8' Sunday coil a while back, but I'm not 100% sold on this particular coil. I guess what I'm searching for is if anyone has by chance used these two coils and what your take is regarding these two search coils.

Hey guys, somone needs to breathe a little life into this Safari section. Took the Safari out to a local ballfield,nothing great but it really cleaned up on what was left. Best find was some green wheats,change and a chunky cheese token..But the Safari is such a great machine,I’ve had Etracs,explorers etc,,and the Safari is just an animal in its own right.
I’m not a creeper,I swing the coil about 3 seconds from side to side,and to me I hit just as deep and just as much as creeping. I can’t say enough good about this machine,it just don’t miss a coin.
I have too say you did well my friend and the Safari is a killer on old ground as well as modern clad I had one years ago bud now swing a Etrac and both are awesome 👍 best of luck to you on future just.

YeRs ago i was on the beach with my Sovereign GT. A guy swinging a Safari came uip to talk. He said you have a good machine. Then he said But the Safiri is the best machine Minelab has ever made.

Later i saw hin swinging a Xcal. The last time i saw him he was swingig a Equimox. He just kept walking when i asked about the best machine Minnelab ever made. Havent seen him in abuit three years.

I have an Etrac and may have an opportunity to get a nice Safari. A buddy says it more like a suped up Xterra (a favorite of mine). For those that have/had both (Etrac Safari) what's your thoughts?? PM me if you want.

I was ready to buy the Safari just when the Equinox was announced, Nice going!

I have an Etrac and may have an opportunity to get a nice Safari. A buddy says it more like a suped up Xterra (a favorite of mine). For those that have/had both (Etrac Safari) what's your thoughts?? PM me if you want.
I used to see others also say that Safari was a streamed-down version of the Explorer models, too.

MuddyMo, I have and use the Minelab Safari. Personally, this has been one of my favorite all time detectors. I am more of a Relic Hunter, but my wife and I enjoy searching the beach's when we get a chance. To me there are only a few draw backs to the Safari. 1) would be the weight. The Safari tends to get a little heavy after swinging for hours. I have some shoulder issues, but I took care of this problem by making a makeshift sling using a carabiner and a cotton bungee cord. This works great and takes the weight off of your shoulder while swinging the coil, same as one of the storeboughts, and a whole lot cheaper. and 2) the Safari is not waterproof for using in water, only the coil in the shallows. I hunt mostly on land anyway, so this is not an issue. Best of luck to you in your decision.