Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:lmfao: CANNON BALL FACTORY! :lmfao:

gregD

This weekend I hunted some property that the previous owner told the current owner used to have a "cannon ball factory" in the 1800's. In the illinois river valley, i found that to be a little unlikely, but I gave it a shot! I dug around the old foundations but didnt find any cannon balls...... what I DID find, however, was an abundance of CANNING jar lids! :-D somehow I get the feeling that perhaps the details got a little fuzzy over the years as the details were passed from person to person ;) Cannon ball factory..... canning factory....pretty much the same thing!! Had a good time though. Lots of area left to hunt there. It would only be more perfect if it was a Ball brand canning factory...... I did find a nice trade token there though

gregD said:
Cannon ball factory..... canning factory....pretty much the same thing!!

Yep, pretty close :heh: I love those trade tokens, I have the Illinois Trade Token book if you want me to look it up and It's an Illinois token.

Nancy and I hunted a yard yesterday but nothing old.... all clad, toy cars and the usual junk, not even worth a picture.

That would be awesome, i'm not sure where 7th St. is located.... found in east peoria area so most likey was peoria or pekin..... since the value is 5cent, i assume its older in the early 1900s

Nice token.

I've also heard rumors of a cannonball factory somewhere in the Central Illinois area but could never find any information on it. One guy even told me he has several cannonballs that came from there, but I've never seen them. Now we know the truth. LOL

Sorry, nothing in Illinois or the entire U.S. for that token. It is kind of hard when no town is listed.

Richards token database had nothing either for that address. http://tokencatalog.com/

aw bummer...thanks for checking! I will just assume it's priceless since it's so rare ;)

Bars seem to come and go pretty quick....so it's not a big surprise that it wouldnt be listed!

If I had to date your token, I would put it from 1920 to 1930's and most likely Harry's Bar was in Pekin. That address is valid in Pekin and in the business area too. We were just in Pekin this morning and I forgot to look what is there now. I suppose you could look at the city register for that period if you wanted to take this any further. Coming up with a new unknown token is pretty exciting.

Good luck Greg.