Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo Super trac

BarberBill

Just fell into an LST. I've always wanted to try one and now I can, as soon as the weather improves a bit.
BB

Congrats on the Lobo Bill. I just got one too about a week ago. Can't wait to get to the river to try it out.

Love my LST only had it for just over a month and cant say anything bad about it...........love it. Mine was a bargin and in great condition. So easy to use too. All metal goes deep and very sensitive and Disc mode rocks! For a machine that has been around for ever just goes to show that besides TID's, GPS and back lights etc you don't need all that crap to find treasure, just a machine that has good discrimination and decent depth. Cant go wrong with the Lobo shes a beauty.
Cheers!

Nugget71 - your mention of TID etc. prompts me to point out, as I have in several threads on forums, ultimately, no matter how many enhancements, all a detector really does is alert the user that there's metal under the coil. Any other indication is a machine's best, not always accurate, guess.
BB

Wow, should be a lot of fun trying out this unit! Have never used one, almost purchased one a long time ago though.
Pap

From everything I've heard or read, it's supposed to be deep on relics and sensitive with good depth on smaller gold. Maybe not the best choice for coins in the parks or play fields, but not bad either. I'll find out.
BB

great machine and I found 2 gold rings park hunting with mine last year. I love being able to toggle from AM to discriminate, a feature my Vaquero lacks. I recently have started to prospect with it, no luck yet but foun many boot tacks and birdshot so far.

Rebel1 said:
Congrats on the Lobo Bill. I just got one too about a week ago. Can't wait to get to the river to try it out.
Did you get the grey model? I think I heard they got rid of that horrendous, loud, battery check. I may be compelled to buy another one if the Cazadores is not what I want. The Lobo is great with discrimination & separation. I took a flat rusted iron nail and laid it over a dime. I set the discrimination to where it almost knocked out the nail and it would still see the dime. The signal would break up a little but you knew it was still seeing the coin. Tried that with the Minelab Safari and all it would do is mask the dime.
The auto ground track is great too. On my first outing, I was on a hill side just above a 1900 China Town sight. I wasn't finding anything so I figured maybe some Chinese child hid Grandma's gold under a boulder. I swung the coil over a 9" high boulder & got a solid coin sound. WoW! I was gonna have bragging rights right out of the starting gate! I rolled the boulder away, and there was crumbled very old newspaper. I thought I hit the jack pot. I pulled the newspaper away and there it was - a complete drug paraphernalia kit. :shocked: I guess it was the nickel needles that set the Lobo off. Anyway, I was totally impressed. I was probably swinging the coil about 2" over the boulder so the grand total depth was about 11".