Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lobo Supertraq

Who owns and actually uses this machine? I haven't been able to find many reviews on this machine, but the ones I have seen sure seem to like this machine. Would like to hear some reviews from the guru's who actually use it....thanks

LittleJohn

gee thanks sven...really, really appreciate that. Matter of fact I wish I could put into words how much I appreciate you answering my question. Thanks sven....thank you so much

115 views and no one else in this forum uses this machine? perhaps it doesn't have the following I thought it did...especially since the only response which was given was to use the search engine...which I did long before I made this post. Very interesting.

You might have better luck over in the The "Prospecting" Forum

Well, folks like the Umax Tesoros, small size makes them cute and lightweight and are excellent detectors for most types of hunting.
Maybe if it was in a Umax housing, it would be more popular.
The Lobo is geared more to prospecting and priced higher than all the other models so I think most shy away from it.

LittleJohn said:
Who owns and actually uses this machine? I haven't been able to find many reviews on this machine, but the ones I have seen sure seem to like this machine. Would like to hear some reviews from the guru's who actually use it....thanks

LittleJohn

Here you go, there is 18 reviews here:

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/38-1-lobosupertraq.html

The lobo is easy to set up, easy to use, and I found my very first gold nuggets with mine, I found enough gold nuggets with mine, I more than payed for it, and I bought a Minelab 2200sd and used the LoboSt for back-up. Its a good coin machine also, And the Ground Balance is number # in my Book. Salt mode and the Black sand mode, are great, . Grubstake

Rusty uses one all the time prospecting. Give him a buzz...true gentleman..

Have not had mine for long but am in love with my LST! All metal mode is so sensitive..............tested it at a local gold field and was impressed. Ground balanced nicely in tough conditions, found some very small lead shot and some old relics, had a blast. Hip mount this machine if you like and the DD coil is a good size. Pretty light machine too. If I don't want to be distracted with my TID machine at the beach or park I use the LST in discrim mode so I can still pick up gold and dig 90% of targets. Love the tones..............the LST will sing to you once you get used to the tones, listen carefully. I have dug some pretty deep small targets which surprised me at first but am getting used to it now. A very HOT machine in my opinion that can be used with good effect once you start to master it and become confident. Got mine for a great bargain, awesome investment, very happy. All the best.
Cheers!

nugget71 said:
Have not had mine for long but am in love with my LST! All metal mode is so sensitive..............tested it at a local gold field and was impressed. Ground balanced nicely in tough conditions, found some very small lead shot and some old relics, had a blast. Hip mount this machine if you like and the DD coil is a good size. Pretty light machine too. If I don't want to be distracted with my TID machine at the beach or park I use the LST in discrim mode so I can still pick up gold and dig 90% of targets. Love the tones..............the LST will sing to you once you get used to the tones, listen carefully. I have dug some pretty deep small targets which surprised me at first but am getting used to it now. A very HOT machine in my opinion that can be used with good effect once you start to master it and become confident. Got mine for a great bargain, awesome investment, very happy. All the best.
Cheers!

Thank you all a bunch appreciate all the information.

LittleJohn

I love my LST, I found 2 gold rings last year with it, park hunting. I recently started to nuggetshoot with it. I too wish there were more videos of it in use. :detecting:

LittleJohn said:

LittleJohn
I had one. It was one great machine. In N.E. Nevada, the soil would run from hot to mild in a few feet. Ants would build mounds of dirt. Then the rain washed out the hills leaving iron particles that would actually stick to a magnet. The auto ground balance was fantastic. When I first got the Lobo, I went up a hill side behind the "Houses of Ill Repute". They were located on the 1910 China Town site. I figured children played on the hill side. I started working the hill discriminating out pull tabs. There was a boulder that was about 10" high. What better place for kids to hide cool stuff? I swung the coil over the boulder & got a solid hit. WoW! I was about to have bragging rights only 10 minutes into the hunt. Old Chinese coins & valuables danced in my head. I rolled the boulder away and there appeared some very old newspaper. Holly poopy! I hit the mutha load right out of the starting gate and with a detector I never used before. Was I skilled or what? I pulled the newspapers away. There it was; a complete drug paraphernalia kit; Pouch, rubber tourniquets, and nickel needles. I would guess it was from the 60's based upon the age of the newspaper. Oh well. :rolleyes: I was impressed how that boulder didn't even affect the Lobo. 10" was pretty impressive. The only complaint I have with the Lobo was the balance. I don't like hooking the control box on my belt and having another wire to contend with. I moved the control box back under my forearm. This helped a lot. Also, I wish it had a manual ground balance along with the auto balance.
I sold it. I decided to gamble and maybe be ahead of the wave in hopes that Tesoro will bring out a revamped Lobo in a U-Max housing. If not, I may just get another L.S.T.