Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Locating property owners:

LabradorBob

Staff member
I hope this works for other people.
Recently i found some property that had some history but i had no idea who owned it.
I drove by the property,and the closest house had one of those electronic gates.
well there's a mailbox out there anyway so i write down the address.
When i get home i look on the internet and find this link. http://www.whitepages.com/
At the bottom right there is a box labeled Reverse phone,to the right there it says address
so i click on that.I put in the address,City,and state.
It gives me the owner,spouse,relatives,all with phone numbers and age.I was shocked.
Anyway i call,and the wife answers,I say is this Carolyn,and she says yes it is,and i ask about the property,
which she verifies they do own,I tell her i was wondering if they would allow me to metal detect.
They gave me permission to detect all their property.
Worked great

Harold Reese

Hey Harold,

Check the county property valuation administration website. For my county, it has all the particulars about the house, the year it was built and the owners name and address. That address may be different than the address of the house.

Ron

Thanks,I use the assessors also.

I'm looking for the site of an old Indian town and it has no road address. Would I look on a plat map or topo map for something like this?

Yes,probably on both,If it is still a place or town.
If not,just go back to older maps till it shows up.
It should show on either,or both types,plat and topo.

LabradorBob

Harold, you got lucky. The problem I usually have is someone out of town or out of state owns the property. I have no name, address or phone number. Also, a lot of times no one lives near the property either. Most counties have a GIS (Graphic Information System) that shows the property layout, land owner and their address. Then, you can find the phone number with www.whitepages.com or a similar site. Some of these GIS systems work great, but others are not.. You can also go to the local county courthouse and look at the plat maps and get the information from the there. A lot of times they have it on computer so you can do a search with the plat number. I hope this helps.

Yes,I have gone to the county assesors office,they let me locate it,and it shows the owner.
They have even been nice enough to look up and write down the persons phone number for me!

LabradorBob

Property tax assesment files are a great resource for ownership data and most are public records with many online.....