Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Locating Target

hershey1

Has anyone had a problem locating a target with their large coil after it is out of the hole? Never had this problem until a few months ago and now it is happening more often. I usually run my F-75 SE on 70 to 95 sensitivity disc around 0 to 6 use bp mode most of the time with 2T. I use this machine mostly when I am relic hunting and don't really know if this is something others have delt with or not. I do know my other machines does not do this. Thanks in advance. HH :fisher::minelab::teknetics:

If there is any rusted iron in the extracted dirt or plug, it will at times, completely mask a good target while using a larger coil.
If you do not have a pinpointer, then use the very tip of the coil to search for the target. For me I use a pinpointer, it has reduced recovery time and gives me more time to hunt.

Thanks for your reply Mark. I do use a pinpointer and recover the targets. Some of the targets are 10 or12 inchs deep and that is a lot of dirt to use a pinpointer when before I could isolate the target with my coil. This problem has gotten worse and does not do it all the time. Even switching to AM does not work at times. I may just have to send the machine in for a check-up. Thanks again.

Have you ever noticed rust spots in any of the removed dirt. On occasion I will get what I call an iffy signal, kind of broken and showing depth, and the signal will disappear. In looking through the dirt I occasionally see a blotch of rusty looking dirt that doesn't sound out of the ground. Just a thought, anyway. HH jim tn

I get a good hit on the F75...........and when I dig it..no response on the target once out of the ground. This is usually an Older Pull tab that for some reason sounded off high on tone and Id'd on the meter as a good target..but once out of the ground the Disc kicks in on the machine.

I have always associated it with on many Fishers Discrimination in the past has only been good to around 6-7" .Maybe the 75's have that same Disc max accuracy..

So yes..I guess it has happened to me..On F75 , SE, and the former Camo LTD Models.

Thanks for the replies Jim and Elton. I have had what both of you describe and my problem is different. I will recover the bullet or button or 22 shell with my pinpointer that my large coil could'nt find. Went outside and put targets on a board and sometimes not a peep. I will call this week I have never seen a Fisher lose an air test. Thanks guy's for the input.