Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Location,Location

Dave400

Got permission to hunt this old house I go by on the way to work.I new it was old cause of the shape.While I was hunting it the neighbor came over to see what I had found, and told me they think it was made around 1830. That made me very excited.The first hunt I started in the front yard. After a while I got an indian signol and sure enough a nice indian 1865.Well I about fell over.It was in great shape too.A nice green patina.I kept on hunting and headed for the apple trees.
I slowed down so not to miss anything.Then I get a high sound like a quarter a 39. When I dig the plug I see a large disk.Kind of greenish.Large cent!! Now I'm really slobbering.So I take it over to a bucket of water to rince it off, and the date says 1829 ! Yea!! not to bad of shape.THe date was easily readable.
Now it's getting hard to go slow.Eight feet away I get another 39 high pitch. At 7 inches I see another green disk.Large cent. So I rince it off.And oh boy 1810.This is where I passed out.I had just found my two oldest large cents. I new this house would be good.
After 3 hunts I've found 2 Indians , 2 large cents , A buckle from the civil war that says '' U S '' on it.a silver rosie 1946 , a silver quarter 1956 with a 1956 rosie in the same hole , and a small silver religious charm. And Lots of junk stuff.
Houses like this don't come to often, but when you find one it sure makes for some great hunting.Got some pics I'll get them up soon. HH

Congrats, sounds like a great spot, I need a location like that. Good Luck I'm sure there's more goodies waiting to be unearthed.

Very exciting! Who knows what is still there laying in the ground and waiting to be found!!!! Great finds and looking forward to the pic's!!