Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rob (IL)

I've been following the post on 8" deep coins. Guys are saying, " In my bad soil", or, " In my soil I'm finding coins at 10", etc. It would be nice to know where you are located so we can know where your ground is. I'm in Illinois and if you are getting 10" coins and you are also in Illinois I would then know I'm doing something wrong. If you are in Florida where minerals are low that would be a different story.

I have my location in my signature at the bottom of my posts. Put it there and forget it. I think I know where OregonMike is located but not everyone would know Cloudbuster isn't even in the country. Just my 2 cents. Rob

I'm in Illinois too Rob........:rofl:

S.F. Bay Area Ca.

By golly, LOOK........another one in Illinois. How 'bout that?:crazy:

Illinois rules!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rob, good idea, I didn't know how easy it is to create and edit a signature on the forum. Now if I can come up with an avatar other than my fat boy face, I'll be just like the big boys.

good point Rob LOL !!! will set up my account properly... sunny wiltshire in the Uk (not !! had to cut short tonight bloomin rain )

all the best rob 2

I thought you were the cloudbuster, Rob, not a gardener with "bloomin' rain" :rofl:

We do try to have some fun, too, eh? HH to all.

Captain Ron

Thanks guys for posting where you are located, but I'm 65 and won't remember. Larry has his location in his forum name, Larry Il and so do other guys. Ron and I have it in our signature at the bottom of our post. It's easy to do. I now know Dave 5710 is in central Illinois and it's now in all his posts. Rob

I was in a rush out the door on my last post. I should have added that our local soil I consider pretty mineralized. My XLT would reach maybe 6.5 on a good day. Maybe someone more proficient with it could go a little deeper. On occasion we take road trips out of the local area and head north and inland where the XLT would run 9+ inches and may have gone deeper if I ever got my loop over a coin that deep. a 50% depth increase in better soil.

Have you ever gone back to Rushville to hunt? It's not far from Peoria. If you ever do, be sure to let us know, if you want a hunting partner.

Hey deathwind 1, Stop by to see a good friend in Ridgefield frequently, when we do a Portland or Sweethome run. Nice town! Just acquired a local historical book for the Clark County area and your area is sure fun to learn about! Nice part of the state.

Western South Dakota (Black hills area).My deepest finds so far were a merc and a wheat at approx. 8".I would consider the soil here fairly mineralized since most of it eroded out of the Black Hills.

ixlr8 said:
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (SIMI VALLEY), HOME OF THE GOLD COAST TREASURE HUNTERS!

;-)