Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Logging finds

Kiwi

What system do people use for recording their finds ? I was thinking of some sort of spreadsheet so I can sort by data but open to suggestions
Thanks from down under in New Zealand

I use an iphone app called Finds, but I don’t trust it. So I print out the find from the app as a pdf and place it into a three ring binder. Works for me.

Don't know if this will help or not but here is screen shot of the spread sheet I use. As you can see this is a running spread sheet and close out the each year and just stop the math for last year and make that yellow line my start for this year.
I couldn't show it in the picture but if I buy or sale any detector equipment I enter that on a line and don't use the coins found area and make notes as to when I bought or sold how much the cost and what it was. That line all the text I turn red so it will stand out from the hunt info. This comes in handy for me.
Ron in WV

Attachments

• Spread Sheet.PNG
    Spread Sheet.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 127
WV62, great idea you have there.
I use a monthly calendar and write in my finds on the days I go out - total at month end and start over next month.
The spreadsheet would be more useful to roll up totals and track things.

I had a 65 Blue Bug, was a lotta fun to drive it.
Tony

What system do people use for recording their finds ? I was thinking of some sort of spreadsheet so I can sort by data but open to suggestions
Thanks from down under in New Zealand
Kiwi there's a free app for Android phone users that you should try. I use it exclusively to log my finds with pictures, location found, and details of each find.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-142820.png
    Screenshot_20210421-142820.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20210421-142839.png
    Screenshot_20210421-142839.png
    314 KB · Views: 114
I use an Apache Open Office 4 spreadsheet. Dates in the left column. Types of coins and finds in the top row. Been using it for years. Works great.