Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long handle shovel

Will1877

Hey fellas not posted in long time but have been watching. I currently use a lesche digger I believe this is a lesche after George left. To my credit was unaware of all that. Thought a leshe was a leshe. I will say thought I have zero problems with digger. I am looking for longer handle digger. I was looking at predator tools model 58 little eagle. Anyone use this, any feedback? Thanks.

Of all my diggers, the Predator Little Eagle is my favorite for woods, fields and relic hunting in general. Well balanced, easy to carry and are tough. I use smaller tools for parks and the like, however. HH jim tn

I've never used that particular shovel, but I purchased a predator raven shovel earlier this year and absolutely love it. It's one of those tools that I wonder how I ever lived without it before. The height is just perfect for me (I'm 6' even), so that I really don't have to bend over at all to make a plug. It is very comfortable to walk around with, and due to its perfect height and T-handle it kind of even supports your weight as you move around, like a walking stick. It also drags behind very effortlessly, held in my left hand, if that's how I decide to carry it. Also, the serrations on the edges will cut right through very thick roots with just one good, solid kick. It's a rare piece of equipment that I use that I can't find some minor perceived deficiencies in the design, or rather, something I wish I could change, but this shovel for me has been flawless. I have used a long sampson digger that a friend has that looks very similar in design to the little eagle. It worked well too, but I really like the raven better. Its proportions all just seem perfect for me (handle length, blade width and shape, etc.)
Also, I recently bought a ground shark for another friend, cause the price was really good (around $65?), but to me the blade of the shovel seemed really narrow and long, which basically required me giving it two more kicks (6 cuts, instead of 4 with the raven) for each plug, in order to make my cut around the edge. If you are really good at pinpointing it would probably work great, but I'm not, so I prefer to make a little bigger plug right from the get go. That way I don't risk scratching a good coin, plus it's easier to dig deep if I have to.
Anyways, I am obviously biased because I've come to love this little shovel so much, but I hope this information is of some use to somebody out there. Good luck with whatever you choose! A good shovel makes metal detecting so much more enjoyable, and cuts way down on the fatigue factor as well!

Yep this is exactly the feed back I was hoping for. I am 5'6" and that was one reason I was leaning towards little eagle. It sounds like these shovels are built to last. Thanks fellas.

looks to be same as the Samson which I have and it's a great tool

this one I think will also be awesome and gets here Wednesday
http://predatortools.com/piranha.htm

I have both the Sampson and just recived a Pirhana a few weeks ago. I loved the Sampson until I tried the Pirhana. I use the Sampson for yard use and the Pirhana for open spaces.
Both are amazing shovels and you will be happy with either.

bskerj said:
I have both the Sampson and just recived a Pirhana a few weeks ago. I loved the Sampson until I tried the Pirhana. I use the Sampson for yard use and the Pirhana for open spaces.
Both are amazing shovels and you will be happy with either.

kind of my plan I have the Lesche knife, Samson and the Piranha will be here Wednesday ... should be quite the line up

Just ordered the little eagle. I was going to put a drill holder on my belt and hang shovel from it but most likely just hold it over shoulder. I don't know why I have holsters I cary digger and pinpointed in left hand entire time. Ha ha.