Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long story take a seat.....

chadwick

Well the day started with a short hunt in a pounded park. Within ten minutes I hit on a 1943 d mercury. Then after a while my wife and I had the Urge to go do some fly fishing in a great pond of my friends. We headed across the bean field with our fly rods, and swinging our 3030s. We noticed a storm coming out of the north but would be a while before it would reach us. As we walked down just the usual shotgun shells and iron grunts. We reach the pond but the storm had fooled us and seemed to pick up speed. Then Boooooooooom thunder started we decided to just detect back to the truck. My wife gets a great signal 12-37 she pops out a copper ring very old. The wind picks up I take ten steps from her and hit a 12-40 I do a 9o degree on it still a 12-40. Boooooooom thunder cracks I started to dig my plug and it came out in three different clods. The first one nothing, The second one nothing The third one there it was something that was giving me the signal of the 12-40. It was a surreal feeling as I broke the clod in half I heard the deepest loudest Boooooooooom thunder and there it was my first 1873 no mint seated Dime. This coin has been under my feet all these years hunting and fishing. Not to mention all the times he has plowed planted and burned off this field. This coin has been waiting for us all these years and she is pretty. We will be hitting the whole area soon and I hope it has a lot of friends with it. We did find a really big rivet right next to the dime and acopper ring the story thickens....... To Be continue

Cool!

Good find!

Sweet find, its carzy to think whats underfoot all those years.

Quack

[size=large]i liked the telling of the story myself. especially the thunder clap at the finding of the coin. Now as an old radio host used to say,"Now The Rest Of The Story".

HH[/size]

WTG awesome

Excellent dig!!!