Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Look what I found

Tommy Boy

I received permission to hunt some property that is a couple of miles from the Pea Ridge Battlefield National Park,.

This area has been pretty much undisturbed for the past 150 years, and with the grass being dormant, I could get a little closer to the ground.

I took my Deus 1, with the 9 " coil and found some pretty interesting items, maybe some members on the forum can help ID these items.
IMG_20240224_110855202.jpg
IMG_20240224_110902047.jpg
IMG_20240224_110929322.jpg
IMG_20240224_110938292.jpg
IMG_20240224_110953915.jpg

Those are all very interesting and have a good bit of age to them. The first item looks like some sort of lock plate like off a trunk. Is the coiled flat spring in the second item iron or brass? It sure is in good shape. Is the end of the third item finished or cut/broken? Any threads on it? That is going to be a good site for you. I sure hope you try your new Manticore on it.

Thanks for the reply, all 3 items are iron. The plate could have been bent in a different direction when new. With all of the holes in it, it could have been part of a piece of equipment.

The spring is interesting for sure, could be some kind of wind up device, or maybe for recoil. I think the iron with Bent curves on each end, could be something for livestock.

I think the reason that the items look as good as they do, is because the area that I found them is on a hill slope, with small gravel mixed in the soil, so water drains off pretty fast.