Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a backup unit for SALT water hunting.

Donna(NJ

I have a Deus 2 and need a spare for a friend. My Nox 600 died a few years ago. I read the Nox coils work on the Xterra pro and make it more stable.

Has anyone used an Xterra Pro on a salt water beach ??? Does it chatter ?? Do you get any kind of depth ???

I bought a Nokta Simplex years ago and didnt work in the salt. Never found a single frequency to work well in salt water.

Or should I just fork over big bucks and get a 900 Nox and be done with it.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Reactions: PDH
Hard to beat the X-Terra Pro when some dealers are selling it for $219. My wife has used hers in FL on the dry and the wet and it performed very well. She didn't take it in the saltwater due to no waterproof headphones at the time. The only down side is you need to buy the Minelab ML85 BT headphones to go wireless. We tried the 1Mii BT transmitter and Sound Blaster JAM BT headphone arrangement early on (about $65), but the 1Mii picked up interference from the XTP control pod which was mildly annoying. Bought her the ML85s and she's a happy camper. Also bought the Thresher waterproof headphones which sound great. Calabash Digger, Iffy Signals, NYC Metal Detecting and others have been impressed with the XTP in and out of saltwater.
As MuddyMo mentioned, Nokta has 2 new machines hitting the market very soon. The new Double Score looks like a decent backup machine at $425. Add decent BT headphones and you're likely over $500. The Legend, with many more features and settings is selling for $509 with BT headphones until the end of the year. Makes one think twice about the Double Score when it's properly fitted out.
So many detectors in the “backup” price category right now. Detector competition has heated up.

I will predict the score/double score will be $279 -369 street price in the next year. Nokta will eventually give bonus coils or end of year deals too. As a backup/loaner it doesn't have to be as feature rich as a main detector. For non submersible the vanquishes are great beach detectors. I use the 340 and 540 when not going in over my calves. I gave my son and his wife 340s for their once a year beach vacations. They're light, quiet, deep and SIMPLE - set volume, sensitivity and run in all metal. PP would be helpful though. (440)

Reactions: PDH
Hard to beat the X-Terra Pro when some dealers are selling it for $219. My wife has used hers in FL on the dry and the wet and it performed very well. She didn't take it in the saltwater due to no waterproof headphones at the time. The only down side is you need to buy the Minelab ML85 BT headphones to go wireless. We tried the 1Mii BT transmitter and Sound Blaster JAM BT headphone arrangement early on (about $65), but the 1Mii picked up interference from the XTP control pod which was mildly annoying. Bought her the ML85s and she's a happy camper. Also bought the Thresher waterproof headphones which sound great. Calabash Digger, Iffy Signals, NYC Metal Detecting and others have been impressed with the XTP in and out of saltwater.
As MuddyMo mentioned, Nokta has 2 new machines hitting the market very soon. The new Double Score looks like a decent backup machine at $425. Add decent BT headphones and you're likely over $500. The Legend, with many more features and settings is selling for $509 with BT headphones until the end of the year. Makes one think twice about the Double Score when it's properly fitted out.
So many detectors in the “backup” price category right now. Detector competition has heated up.
Thanks for info. Not enough time to watch uTube !!!! ;)))) But I should. I usually come here for honest answers !!!!

Some many machines to choose from.....

HH
Donna(NJ)

I will predict the score/double score will be $279 -369 street price in the next year. Nokta will eventually give bonus coils or end of year deals too. As a backup/loaner it doesn't have to be as feature rich as a main detector. For non submersible the vanquishes are great beach detectors. I use the 340 and 540 when not going in over my calves. I gave my son and his wife 340s for their once a year beach vacations. They're light, quiet, deep and SIMPLE - set volume, sensitivity and run in all metal. PP would be helpful though. (440)
I had thought about the vanquish but need a water-proof machine. Atlantic can be very rough. I got hit by a wave this summer. Thank God I all my Deus equipment was waterproof.
Cant hunt the water up here, its just too rough. However, still need water-proof due to splashing and rouge waves.

Thanks for you input.

HH
Donna(NJ)