Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for a Way to Remove a Tesoro 11 x 8 Coil Cover

pine3874

I'm looking for a way to remove the coil cover from my Tesoro 11 x 8 coil without breaking it. I've cleaned all the grooves with a brush, but can't get the cover to budge at all.
If you've found a method to remove the cover without breaking it, please let me know. Thanks

t1.JPG

I've used warm water ... slightly expands the cover while the larger mass of the coil keeps it slightly cooler. I've used paint stirrers to apply pressure on the cover to push it off. When it gets far enough to get something between the cover and the coil, I've used plastic pan scrappers to work the cover off a little bit at a time. The ones I use are the little brown ones. They are somewhat flexible and pretty tough.

PlasticPanScrapers.png

Only thing I found. But if it's the first time it's tough. They hade them out of something hard and not flexible. I just leave mine alone now that I can't get more and the coils under the covers are sealed so no worries for me lol