Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for advice on CTX mapping effectiveness

pulltabfelix

I am hunting civil war relics at proven urban civil war battle sites in Atlanta. I have a new CTX3030 with maybe 3 weeks or 20 hours on it testing it. So far love it. Have not tested or even tried to use the GPS mapping feataures.
I will be gridding areas on the battle field areas and I want to know is this easy to do and worth the time. I would assume you can transfer these to Xchange2 and keep these records permanently in Xchange2 database.

thanks for any advice on these features. So far love my CTX. Had a nox 800 for 3 years and decided my trashy noisy urban environment the CTX would be better suited for me.

I find the feature usefull
Ive got a site in the middle of a corn field and I can see where I have tracked on countless trips, I can mark spots for finds and also can mark a point to go to and continue my search across the area
BT

I use this feature so much, if my CTX ever dies, it will be replaced with another one just to keep this feature.

I use this feature so much, if my CTX ever dies, it will be replaced with another one just to keep this feature.
I was amazed that testing out the GPS accuracy of waypoint and findpoint found they were almost 100% accurate within a foot. Marked two boulders and transferred the info to google earth and they were exactly where I market them within less than a foot. I must have locked on to 3 good satellites that day.

I have used it a lot in the UK in a open field marked a find spot and return days later and track right to the dig spot. Also great to save hot spots on beaches here very help full. And yes you can save it on Xchange II and see it on Google earth.