Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for gold but got foreign silver

Ronstar

Almost a month of a bit more I was detecting around one of the older residence halls on campus. One little triangular piece of grassy area produced a 72 Kennedy half dollar and my big surprise, the 43S Liberty Walking half dollar. Today might thought was there has been enough foot traffic thru there over the years that a ring had to be in there somewhere. This time my plan was to slow down a bit and rework the area 90 degrees different than the first time.
I got close to where the Walking Liberty had been and hit another 50 cent high 90s reading. I paused because there were lots of cut aluminum pieces from ceiling construction close to the building foundation and had dug a bunch on that first go around. Could I have missed one? Well, better dig it. This was less than 8 feet from the WL and basically on edge about 4” down!!!

Attachments

• 8EC26E65-3AAF-467D-A271-4A2FF33932B2.jpeg
    8EC26E65-3AAF-467D-A271-4A2FF33932B2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 167
  • 7D33DBCE-41A6-4C96-B77B-4211C71DC02B.jpeg
    7D33DBCE-41A6-4C96-B77B-4211C71DC02B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
Nice finds I hit lots of curb strips and islands and do real well just go slow I hit one last week where I was only finding wheat pennies finally I found a 1914 barber dime along the edge near the road!
HH Mark

Almost a month of a bit more I was detecting around one of the older residence halls on campus. One little triangular piece of grassy area produced a 72 Kennedy half dollar and my big surprise, the 43S Liberty Walking half dollar. Today might thought was there has been enough foot traffic thru there over the years that a ring had to be in there somewhere. This time my plan was to slow down a bit and rework the area 90 degrees different than the first time.
I got close to where the Walking Liberty had been and hit another 50 cent high 90s reading. I paused because there were lots of cut aluminum pieces from ceiling construction close to the building foundation and had dug a bunch on that first go around. Could I have missed one? Well, better dig it. This was less than 8 feet from the WL and basically on edge about 4” down!!!
:):clapping: That’s awesome! What great finds !!

Very cool - not sure if I remember ever seeing one of those dug before !