Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for gold rings in the park

Waterdog

I wanted to see if anyone has any special program they run on their XP Deus while looking for gold in the parks ? One of my friends just found a Gold pendant that on his machine red straight pull tab. So now they are digging up low tones only.

For just gold searching make a notch program where everything below the foil range up to the zinc penny range gives a tone. Then delete everything below foil and everything above zinc.

A lot of valuable rings and jewelry are silver and thats how I hunt so I'm going to use the word jewelry. 2tone, 28kfz notch 0-46, 69-78, 97-99. I use the Elip hp but other ok at 28. I know this may raise some eyebrows at first but this is my reasoning. My mom was a big ring and jewelry person and i have a lot of her rings and other jewelry. I also have bags of just about every kind of trash you can name to test them against. My goal was to ring up as much micro jewelry as possible as well as rings without the kind of digging that will quickly wear you out. The 1st notch will still retrieve the tiny gold such as solid crosses and baby rings. The only thing you may lose are the really thin gold chain and gold that is open. You can find these by erasing this notch or running on 70 but this will p/up tiny aluminum which is really hard to find. Yes notching the 69-78(nickle) will lose a few gold plated rings. When I tested I lost 5 out of 22 rings. BUT I also lost over half of the pull tabs. Thats a lot of extra digging but its your call. Also when jewelry hunting I do small areas at a time and then set the machine to a nickel program and go back over as time permits. If you notch above zice pennys you will lose some valuable silver jewelry and maybe a silver coin or two. I try to stay in areas where lots of folks have been, trees, open parts, pools, grandstands, but no picknic tables or next to the parking lot. Thats for coin hunting. Of course if you can do a fresh water beach or hunt in the water where mowers can't shave a can into millions of piece you can adjust the notch and find more otherwise I'm playing the odds. Hope this helps pt

I think it is a good idea to practice with a test target in your yard. I use a 10k gold ring. FIrst check it to see what the VDI reads, then I carefully toss the ring in my yard being careful to keep it low so it doesn't fly over the fence. Then go search for it. Of course this is not the same as a buried target but you can still learn what a good target sounds like. There should be a bit of an "oomph" in the signal. Even buried gold will have this extra bit of hit.

As for disc settings, not advisable to run the 0 - 46 disc. This is according to Andy Sabisch. Better to run a notch. Yes, 46 will cut out quite a bit of aluminum but there are small gold rings in this area and many hold a gemstone which can be even more valuable than the gold.