Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for more depth... is an E-Trac the answer?

Lipservice

I've been using a Tom Dankowski validated CZ-3D 1021 model. It is a great coin finder. And I do find silver with it. BUT here in eastern Nebraska the mineralization
must be stopping me at 7" or so. Tom validated the CZ at 12" on a clad dime in Florida's neutral but here in Nebraska I think 8" is about the max depth. I have found SO
many memorials and clads at 6"~7" I ponder what I am missing beyond that range. And that is hunting several pre 1900 sites so I know older goodies are there.
I have read so many E-Trac posts/comments and watched lots of YouTube videos about the E-Tracs. Impressive. The really do seem to be hot on deep silver.
How are they on getting coins out of trash? And are they really that good in mineralization? I guesstimate our soil as medium mineralization.

So E-Trac owners... your opinions, please. And if any of you live near Omaha or Lincoln I would love to personaly talk to you!

The E-Trac can find targets at quite deep range but that is true of other high end detectors, the E-Trac advantage is in the target seperation on deep targets. Finding them in the trash is the trick.

I live in Lincoln ,Nebraska and dig from 5 inches to 16 inches a lot ! I never dug past 9 inches before I got the E trac.

10+ for sure here in Central Nebraska. These are pennies and dimes, and "First Settler Era" coins. Always good to see another fellow Nebraskan.

NebTrac

Keep in mind that my mineralization in central Alabama is probably twice as bad as Eastern Nebraska. I upgraded from a XT305 with a concentric coil hoping to better the 4-5 inches that I was getting on coins. I think I am getting 5-8 inches, with most coins silver or otherwise being 0-3 inches deep.

The big thing that makes glad that I got the E-Trac is its see through abilities. I am finding shallow silver near junk, that probably no other detector will find. If you want depth in mineralized soil, you might actually be better off without the FBS technology, and better off with a 705 with a DD coil, or an ATPro, but then you would probably lose the see through and TTF capabilities.

I was in a modern park cleaning up a quarter spill with a hunting buddy. I locked in on an obvious clad quarter with some junk nearby, and asked my hunting buddy to tell me what he thought was there with his Vaquero, he said, "If it is a quarter, it is the worst one I have ever heard. I would not dig it." I dug it and it was a clad quarter.

i used a cz6a for years with the 10 coil. it will find a dime as deep as the etrac but not as often. conditions have to be rite for most detectors and you really need to fine tune the ground balance on czs. the etrac is just more constant all the time on deep targets. it just separates better and hits deep without leaving you guessing should i dig that or not. was that a good coin or a false off deep iron. once you learn it you just know when its a deep coin.