Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LOOKING FOR OPINIONS

NH Bob

I'm curious about something and am posting this here as well as on the Explorer board.
How many of you have used both the Explorers and E-Trac for extended time and what do you really feel the benefits are of one over the other.
Personally I like hunting in all metal with multi tone ferrous sounds with the SE. I also have the E-Trac which is great in modified coins mode and multi tone conductive sounds.
Realizing that they are different machines, what are your true feelings about the two?

My etrac runs great with some discrimination compared to zero disc. At the very least I reject 28 to 35 fe. Most of the time I reject 21-35 fe.

I used an Explorer XS from 2000 before finally purchasing an E-trac and few years ago.

While I loved my Explorer, I like my Etrac even more.

Things I like that were a change from the XS model (the first) to the Etrac -

Pro's for the Etrac:

The 11" Pro Coil is better than the old 10.5" coil that came on the XS.
The bigger, reoriented screen - I like the increased resolution and the horizontal"12" line better than the old vertical lazy S line.
Software settings - There are several software settings related to discrimination and separation of targets that are unique to the E-trac. Two thumbs up for this.
Grip position is much more comfortable to me. Big advantage for me.

Pro's for the Explorer - The one thing I miss is the very distinct twinkling 'sound of silver' from my XS. Etrac just doesn't have it.

I am sure there are other things as well, but this is just what comes to mind on a cold winter's night.

Best of luck in 2013.

Rich (Utah)

" Twinkling" is the best description I have ever heard used to describe the sound an Explorer makes when going over silver . Thank you for sharing that .:thumbup::thumbup:

As for coils the 10.5" on the explorers was a great coil. When they changed to the Slimline on the XSII they messed up. That was the worst coil anyone ever made. Then came the SE with the pro coil. The pro coil is now the top end stock coil for the explorer line with only 2 things that could be improved on. First is the shape. The coil should have been an elliptical DD. Second thing is the webbing. If the coil were made more solid meaning different configuration of webbing it would not snag on every little stub or twig it gets near. Great coil for open areas with no stubble.
So much for coils.
What do you all think of hunting trashy sites with the E-Trac v the SE? This is more pointed at tone hunters and those long time explorer users that have switched to the E-Trac and have used that for more than a season. I am convinced that the SE in all metal with multi tone ferrous sounds is better than the E-Trac in all metal with TTF or even multi tone ferrous sounds. This and the cursor placement on both.

For me only one different, Etrac i posible to use with discrimination Explorer not much, but If discrimination not needet both detectors good and the same capable. About old 1050 coil or Pro they just a bit dufferent, but cant say Pro better.