Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking for the old timers

Rob (IL)

I was looking for some of the old timers. I was curious if you are still around or if you have switched detectors. Drop me a PM.

We are here just keeping the batteries warm and watching the snow come down.

I am still here.... I just cant find much worth posting. I found a victorian ring, a 1912 Canadian quarter, a turn of the century brass lock, and numerous nick nacks yesterday. I just dont post my find much anymore. I need to find a gold coin or a seated in order for me to get excited. This v3i has really spoiled me.:detecting:

Good to hear from you. I understand how you feel. Your posts were always helpful. Have fun

I am still here and still do a lot of reading but don't post much. I have been through many many detectors in the last 45 yrs and I am more impressed by the V3i's capability than any of them.

Good to know you guys are still out there.

Rob--

I guess that I qualify as an old-timer - at least chronologically. I had the original Vision detector and now swing the V3i. Of course, I still take the DFX out for a ride every few months - just to keep the circuits warm hahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Yes you are a welcome poster.

I don't know that i'm an old time detector but i do more reading here than posting. Thanks for all the info.

still lurkin ,need to remember how how post finds! Still working picnic grove where I found five dollar gold !! Jim

I thought all of you had moved on.

I'm an "old timer" but fairly new to this forum. I started with a Bounty Hunter Red Baron back in '76. Never owned a White's until 2012 when I bought my DFX. I now have a new V3i WHP still in the box. I like White's detectors and love this forum where one can ask a fair question without fear of censorship. I hope to post here a lot when the V3i starts breaking me in.

Hello Rob,

I don't know if I qualify as an "old timer"??? Started in '74 using various archaic detectors at the time but gradually tried to advance myself with new technology as the decades progressed. Presently I use Spectra V3 but had used the Vision. I sure like the capabilities of the V3 and it was an up hill battle (deep learning curve) for me. I now feel comfortable with it.

I still bring out and use my XL Pro and Garrett's Master Hunter CXII occasionally... Like to see the needle swing.

By the way, how long have you been detecting?

TC-NM

I guess I'm "old timer #1" on the V forum at least, I started this forum when the original V3 came out in 2009. I plan on using the V3i more in 2015 than I have in the last several years :biggrin:

This brings back old memories.......... Carl Moreland (right) and I in Longview Texas with the first public showing of the Vision.

I'm definitely not an old time mder but I guess I reluctantly qualify age wise . I lurk here between snowstorms and just turned a new v3x guy onto this site.