Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking forward to the Equinox

GKMan

I was there for the beginning of the CTX forum, and plan on being here for the Equinox

Damn i cant wait for my Machines. 2 that is.

then you can get a boy and girl and mate them and get a ctx :jump:

Blank Planet said:
then you can get a boy and girl and mate them and get a ctx :jump:

Yes you could. A fat Man or Woman that needs to stop eating big Mac's LOL

I want lighter machines .

Trust me that if this machine is the replacement for the Terra's it will beat many other machines to a standstill on coin hunting . The Deus users will have to watch out .

Many times i have searched beaches in fact 800 times in 7 years and over that time with the 705 i found far more than others using machines like the CTX and even the ET which i love.

If people have the CTX then why look at this machine ? its not in the same price range but i bet its not far away the same capability though not settings of course.

happy to have a nox come and go over my ctx and deus picked clean sites see what it can do , but your gunna have to wait for that for 6 months so there is a cooling off period :biggrin:

Blank Planet said:
happy to have a nox come and go over my ctx and deus picked clean sites see what it can do , but your gunna have to wait for that for 6 months so there is a cooling off period :biggrin:

I live in the UK .
Been told that it is released here in December .

faster the better !!

I hate the wait .

Nuke em said:
.....If people have the CTX then why look at this machine ? its not in the same price range but i bet its not far away the same capability though not settings of course.

For me (assuming the excitement pans out with real world results), it would be getting a lighter backup for the sore shoulder days. Also my wife wants a lighter beach hunter. Also, remember that the tech is different from FBS; + being able to force a single frequency and hunt for gold is attractive to me.

Nuke em said:
Blank Planet said:

I live in the UK .
Been told that it is released here in December .

That would make a lot of sense to grab the holiday sales.

I've already told my dealer I want one. My v3i will be my backup

The sooner the better. Champ said something that really gets me excited about this machine...."the tech is different from FBS". I love "FBS" but it has been around for a while. Seems to me whenever new tech comes out old sites become like new again just because the new tech is "different". I am reading a lot of posts that state they are hoping the multi mode is FBS, BBS, etc. I hope not (Although, fast FBS would be welcomed). I hope it "sees" the ground or targets differently than previous tech. My E-Trac already has FBS and is awesome. I hope that this new multi is different and just as awesome as FBS.

Dean

think the puff will die out on this if they are 6 months away from release , lot of things can happen in 6 months be a shame to see minelab get sniped at the post.. reading between the lines they are scared to show us a pre production modal ..

time will tell as they say..

I think ML will get sniped at regardless of what they do. Why would tomorrow be any different than yesterday, so to speak.
Heck, just look at some of the posts on the various forums already sniping at the Equinox. Its just what people do.

dbado1 said:
The sooner the better. Champ said something that really gets me excited about this machine...."the tech is different from FBS". I love "FBS" but it has been around for a while. Seems to me whenever new tech comes out old sites become like new again just because the new tech is "different". I am reading a lot of posts that state they are hoping the multi mode is FBS, BBS, etc. I hope not (Although, fast FBS would be welcomed). I hope it "sees" the ground or targets differently than previous tech. My E-Trac already has FBS and is awesome. I hope that this new multi is different and just as awesome as FBS.

Dean

Dean, as you know I am one of the ones that has stated that I hope the "multi-frequency" mode is FBS or FBS-like ("Multi-IQ" is what it is being called). YES -- I agree with you in that IF Multi-IQ is "just as awesome" as FBS, then I'm all in. My point is, I don't expect this. I don't think they were trying to "improve upon" the benefits of FBS -- i.e. being unparalleled in offering accurate ID on deep targets in turf-type settings. I just don't think that was the aim of this particular unit. Why do I feel that way? Because if this was their goal -- to make an IMPROVED multi-frequency mode that rivals FBS, then I don't think we'd see it at $649. In other words, I don't think they INTENDED "Multi-IQ" to be an improvement on FBS, and I don't think that's the point of this detector. And so ASSUMING that is true, that's why I'd like to see an Equinox model with FBS tech included (say, a "1000" model). If my assumption is INCORRECT, and Multi-IQ proves to be as good as, or better than, FBS, then I agree with you -- no need for FBS in this unit.

Steve

Hi Steve,
I hear what you are saying...a unit like this with FBS as the muti mode would be a dream. I really hope that this new Multi IQ is awesome as well. I'm really looking forward to this release as the machine even without the multi mode it appears to be a very capable unit.

Take Care.

Dean

sgoss66 said:
dbado1 said:

Dean

Dean, as you know I am one of the ones that has stated that I hope the "multi-frequency" mode is FBS or FBS-like ("Multi-IQ" is what it is being called). YES -- I agree with you in that IF Multi-IQ is "just as awesome" as FBS, then I'm all in. My point is, I don't expect this. I don't think they were trying to "improve upon" the benefits of FBS -- i.e. being unparalleled in offering accurate ID on deep targets in turf-type settings. I just don't think that was the aim of this particular unit. Why do I feel that way? Because if this was their goal -- to make an IMPROVED multi-frequency mode that rivals FBS, then I don't think we'd see it at $649. In other words, I don't think they INTENDED "Multi-IQ" to be an improvement on FBS, and I don't think that's the point of this detector. And so ASSUMING that is true, that's why I'd like to see an Equinox model with FBS tech included (say, a "1000" model). If my assumption is INCORRECT, and Multi-IQ proves to be as good as, or better than, FBS, then I agree with you -- no need for FBS in this unit.

Steve

As i have said before on here or MLO . A mate told me that a techy mate of his told him that the ET and other FBS machines dont search in all 28 freqs at the same time . That they search in small batches depending on the site/ground and that goes on till the unit has used all freqs then so on again . But done very fast.
I think the Equinox searches all 5 in multi and it wont be FBS but the freqs it uses will be good enough ( does the ET use the freqs on the Equinox ?) .
As for as i am concerned is this is a machine to replace the Terra series and nothing more , but that suits me . With the improvement it has it will be very good against machines like the AT Max / Pro and the Deus , G2 , F75 and so on . It is as the video shows bloody fast and is like that in multi freq too.
This machine is only around £750 to £900 unlike the £Mortgage for a CTX so it wont have all the stuff that has . But this is lightweight , simple to use , waterproof , single and multi freq , 11 in coil , simple low cost stem in 3 piece , hand grip and box come off the stem , long life rechargeable battery , wireless headphones on the 800 .

How much more do we need in a machine of that price range .

It will blow the socks off many machines way above its price range and thats why many other forums are slagging it , they know they are in trouble and people with other machines are proud like we are and dont like our machines slated . I think other companies will be worried too ? they may well see their sales start dropping now like Minelab's did when the Deus came out .