Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

looking into the delta 4000:shrug:

foxhunter

Looking into getting a 4000..My ? is ....does it have screw in type connector?..And does it have modulated audio?And can you notch accept and reject all the way up to top of disc scale?.....thanks

Hi Foxhunter, The 4000 has the disc. level or the notch, you can knot out all the way to coins and still go back and put in nickles and get that and not here the foil, iron or most tabs.The manual said it would find a quarter at 11" with max sensitivity, but it is accuracy is at 8". They are very good detectors for the money. Very light, and run on one 9v battery. Hope this helps flintstone

Thanks Flintstone...yes that helps..I would still like to know if it has modulated audio? And if the coil connector screws in or plug in? thanks...

Hay Foxhunter, on mine the coil push in, wish it screwed in. It don,t seam to make a defiance but just like screw in. I have not hunted with it enough to tell you about the sound, my wife used it most, about three times. I know in dry sand she beat me and my MXT, and a friend with a V3i, but that is she just there before us. From what i can tell it is a very good detector. I got the 4000 and a 6000 Gamma at the same time, and have never used the Gamma yet.I have to many detectors. Flintstone

Hey Foxhunter,

I've owned a Delta 4000 for three years now. The coil wire at the control box pushes in and has a metal thread lock ring to keep it in place. The notch function will notch out everything but, I believe the highest three coins. (.25, .50, & $1) you can pick and choose each of any of the prior and notch them completely or hold one or two, for example keeping nickels in the series if you want a shot at gold, pull tabs, and nickels. As far as tones go, AM (all metals A-1 and A-2) is limited to 2 and Discriminate has three. When I first got the machine I used AM 2 almost exclusively. Now I mostly use Discriminate with the V.I.D. starting at 30 to 40, or eliminating iron and all low scale hits. You can still pick up an iron object even in that mode but it has to be fairly large and close to the surface. Mostly that will overload the machine and you'll know. I learned to slow the machine swing down in Discriminate and let the tones tell me what's what. I found my 1st 44 Mercury that way which was about 1" from a pull tab. It's a very good machine. But it is a beginners machine. It does hit on silver very well. Even to the point that I dug a .925 sliver lobster clasp at over 6" in a ball field once. If you get it good luck. It'll keep you busy hunting for a while.

I've just purchased a Delta 4000 and can't wait to use it. The ground is still frozen solid here and the temperatures have not been conducive to spending much time in the outdoors. I've already got three friends who want me to find lost jewellery. I will if somebody hasn't beaten me to it already.