Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like a new software update?

Didn't see that coming...Wonder if I will notice any difference in stability...

Competition is great! With the arrival of new metal detectors since the inception of Equinox stealing the show, and recent arrivals challenging the market with new technology, and price, it is obvious that with an additional kHz of only (1) one less it is certainly brain provoking? What are the advantages of the minute additional kHz? Likewise,

In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included.
Admittedly, only time will answer these questions.
I will wait until the great members here have had the time to provide information on any pros, and cons before I install the download!
With the technology that is now in metal detecting Minelab will remain fierce competition.

I have windows 8 and just performed the download with no issues.
Ted... try checking your terminals to make sure they are clean.. just a thought.
The system requirements mention windows 10, but I had to update to version 2.0 when I got my detector new, and the download worked with windows 8.

Update went smooth here ,no problems . just like the last two updates. Windows 10
Matt KD3VJ

Ok Question. The download on the site at the top says 600/800.
But doesn’t say anything about if it is for the 600 also.

That means both models can install this software upgrade.

Ok Question. The download on the site at the top says 600/800.
But doesn’t say anything about if it is for the 600 also.

Ok hope so. that would be nice.

I am wondering what various stability enhancements have been included. Maybe its too technical for most people to comprehend thus omit the details?

I read a technical article (My mind escapes me in remembering who published it) that indicated a frequency of 2.8 khz is optimum for silver. Too bad they didn't offer an upgrade at this frequency instead of 4khz. I'm no tech wizard, however, I can't believe there would be a big difference between 4khz and 5khz in Asia to finding large deep targets.... unless this is where the various stability enhancements come in....

This new 4 kHz frequency enhances the detection of large deep targets, particularly those found in parts of Asia. As a result of optimising for these conditions, this new frequency may respond differently for users compared to the other single frequencies.

All other single and multi-frequency settings are unchanged in their performance.

In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature,
various stability enhancements have been included.

I tried to install it 3 times and I couldn't get it to work.:ranting:
Should work ted....read this, maybe downoad and install the minelab update utility again ?

You can install the Minelab Equinox updates through the PC running Windows 7, 8, 10 or MAC OS (Apple). You will also require the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, internet connection and 50 MB of hard drive space.

First, download and install the Minelab Update Utility to your computer (can be downloaded from here: link). Note that there are options for different operating systems, choose the right one – for Windows or MAC.

After downloading the Minelab Update Utility, connect your machine to the computer via USB (using the magnetic charging cable) and turn on the unit.

The MUU will determine your detector’s current software version and an update available for downloading (on the manufacturer’s website). If your device is already up to date, you will see a corresponding notice displayed. If a newer version is available, you’ll be offered the upgrade.

Thanks everyone! I checked my terminals and they are clean. Still can;t get it to work. So I took my screen cover off for a good cleaning. Maybe try again Monday.

I just tried again Dan with no luck. I have Windows 7
I recall that there was something Win 7 users had to do to get the update utility to work. It might be something like running it in Administrator mode or such. Search the forums and you should find the answer.

I just found this from Johnny Salami on an old forum:
Posted September 5, 2018
I had some "not responding" issue also so I ran it in Windows compatibility mode and it worked fine. Win 7 64 . Ran Win XP compatibility mode and worked.”

Last edited:
I saw a YouTube with a comparison. It looked like in multi it was a little more stable which it is suppose to be a little.
it seamed more stable in single frequencies.
the test had silver buried 8 “ The 4khz seamed to have a stronger signal than the 5khz and the signal seamed more crisp.
Remember this is just the first test on YouTube but from what I saw it dose look promising on deep silver.