Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like I'll have my first return

jkline

Found this in a spot Ronstar and I hunt-- during the war the apartments were used by recruits out of basic for radio training, and Walt was a radio operator in that conflict.. It rang up as a penny.

The Driscoll's are a well-known pioneer family in the area, and it was pretty easy to find his son on FB, so I'll see if he wants it, as his dad passed in '10.

Kind of cool when you can put a face to a find.

Attachments

• 20210320_185459 (2).jpg
    20210320_185459 (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Found this in a spot Ronstar and I hunt-- during the war the apartments were used by recruits out of basic for radio training, and Walt was a radio operator in that conflict.. It rang up as a penny.

The Driscoll's are a well-known pioneer family in the area, and it was pretty easy to find his son on FB, so I'll see if he wants it, as his dad passed in '10.

Kind of cool when you can put a face to a find.

Congrats--Nice find & hope you will get to keep it, but if not. then memories of Troy for his loved ones! Ma

That's a cool find !
Mark

Im going to hijack Jeff’s post here for an update.
When he sent me a screen shot of the mans obit it cut off half the info, i.e., next of kin. Turns out the son whom Jeff reached out to on Facebook I know. He was a police officer in the city when I worked city and in the late 80s took a job at a PD in western Washington, he too is now retired. He saw Jeff’s message but ignored it as he did not know the name. My wife is on FB and they are friends so she reached out and got him up on board.
Turns out his fathers name was Walter and so was his grandfathers so right now we are not sure who actually possessed the piece. They will be here in May and we all will get together. I will let Jeff finish the story then.