Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like White’s Vx3 model discontinued

I never understood why they held on to that model so long.

I believe the V3i is substantially underrated and phenomenal, in clean ground, but I believe it struggles in trash. (Silver hunting compared to ML FBS) I've hit 8-10 silver dimes with the ultimate 13, and it freakin bangs those signals, locks on and gives dead on reporting. However I've never, never pulled deep silver in trash, after switching to Etrac (3 years later)that situation cahnged.

I never understood why they held on to that model so long.

I believe the V3i is substantially underrated and phenomenal, in clean ground, but I believe it struggles in trash. (Silver hunting compared to ML FBS) I've hit 8-10 silver dimes with the ultimate 13, and it freakin bangs those signals, locks on and gives dead on reporting. However I've never, never pulled deep silver in trash, after switching to Etrac (3 years later)that situation cahnged.
You don't see hardly anyone using the V3i here IN THE Uk at all. I have a feeling not that many have been sold. There are way too many adjustments! in fact, it's borderline insane the amount of tweaking that that can be done..

I own a V3i, and I believe it has the capability of performing in different soils, conditions, and the capabilities of teaching a detectorist about the hobby. Notwithstanding, admittedly, it is an arduous learning curve. I have watched videos giving demonstrations with a representative that was 6' (six foot) tall hold White's metal detector over their head, and dropping it on concrete; likewise, intentionally, allow it to roll off a hood of a pickup, and when it was picked up, it was picked up in one piece, and it kept on ticking?
Some of the newer detectors I doubt they would endure any abuse?
Although, I will admit there is newer technology that is awesome!
Before the end of this year, I will have an extra metal detector to add to my arsenal. The competition presently, is fierce!
I will never get rid of my White's Spectra V3i! I will add another to my arsenal! I am new to the hobby, and I believe most dedicated detectorist have more than one detector?

You don't see hardly anyone using the V3i here IN THE Uk at all. I have a feeling not that many have been sold. There are way too many adjustments! in fact, it's borderline insane the amount of tweaking that that can be done..

Yeah, it does take more study to understand it, but i believe also shortens the concept of detecting and understanding the cause and effects of adjustments, if that makes sense.

Yeah, it does take more study to understand it, but i believe also shortens the concept of detecting and understanding the cause and effects of adjustments, if that makes sense.
The field that emanates from the coil is "FIXED" . Tweaking is mostly a waste of time IMHO. Years of detecting taught me that. Switch on and go really beats everything...

The field that emanates from the coil is "FIXED" . Tweaking is mostly a waste of time IMHO. Years of detecting taught me that. Switch on and go really beats everything...

Very true, the transmit field has to poere and sice(size of the coil) however there are settings on most detectors to enhance how the detector's processor interprets and reports the data back to the user. It just so happens i believe the V3I has more adjustments than most.

It could be said that it is 6 to 1, or, half a dozen to the other one! A lot to decide? Which metal detector does a person chose? It it is the cost look at it like this: The V3i will cost over a thousand dollars?
Now, factor this in: The other choices are less than a thousand dollars?
And, once you purchase them, you need a shaft: Approximately a hundred dollars?
Then, you need a after market cuff? How much is it?
Then, you need a headphone replacement? How much is it?
Now, we are pretty much the same cost?
Back to 6 to 1, or, half a dozen to the other one!
My decision is I will use my V3i, and learn the hobby!
Admittedly, there is newer, more state of the art technology!
And, the most beautiful part of it is: Competition is fierce!
With the competition of today, I will end up with a wonderful V3i, and, I will have another to chose which one is my go to machine! lol
Now, very truthfully, is that not what most detectorists do?
They have more than (1) one machine?
One person on a video couldn't wait to open his new detector when it came in! His wife said how many of those metal detectors can you swing at one time?
Allow me to tell you what his response was! It might one day, save the day!
He replied with a question! How many shoes can you wear at one time? lol ROFL

But, you can override it (Tx Boost). As you mentioned, "mostly" tweaking will cost you a lot of time. But if it's done to it's best performance the finds rate will increase. But when do I know it's well done?
I also like machines better if they're tweaked to max. performance from the factory and I've just to set up my likes; like disc, stability, noise level, threshold and some stuff.
When I had the V3i I always thought I had missed something to set up correctly. Never had this effect by using the VX3, but that's just me.
So I came to the conclusion less tweaking = more hunting time.

It could be said that it is 6 to 1, or, half a dozen to the other one! A lot to decide? Which metal detector does a person chose? It it is the cost look at it like this: The V3i will cost over a thousand dollars?
Now, factor this in: The other choices are less than a thousand dollars?
And, once you purchase them, you need a shaft: Approximately a hundred dollars?
Then, you need a after market cuff? How much is it?
Then, you need a headphone replacement? How much is it?
Now, we are pretty much the same cost?
Back to 6 to 1, or, half a dozen to the other one!
My decision is I will use my V3i, and learn the hobby!
Admittedly, there is newer, more state of the art technology!
And, the most beautiful part of it is: Competition is fierce!
With the competition of today, I will end up with a wonderful V3i, and, I will have another to chose which one is my go to machine! lol
Now, very truthfully, is that not what most detectorists do?
They have more than (1) one machine?
One person on a video couldn't wait to open his new detector when it came in! His wife said how many of those metal detectors can you swing at one time?
Allow me to tell you what his response was! It might one day, save the day!
He replied with a question! How many shoes can you wear at one time? lol ROFL
Now, the VX3 wasn't that less than the V3i, and yes, I also own the SpectraSound HP. What was decisive to me investing in another White's Spectra detector
was the capability to use all my coils from the MXT, too.
To me the V3i and the CTX 3030 are the most sophisticated detectors in the market right now.
They were lightyears in front of their time.
IMHO

I respect your opinion and not trying to beat you up on this at all, but the second sentence just hit home...yes I know my reading comprehension is subpar, Lol.

The V3i can truly be a turn on and go as much as anyother machine. From the first time you oick it up you essentially pick your program and ground balance. Which is just like nearly any other machine I've used(except FBS).

The VX3 was a pretty good Coin & Jewelry Detector with very good Target ID .....Whites had it Out of this world over Price.

I had one for a little over a year . And must say Audio is my most important feature. Masking good targets was a big problem. When you sped the recovery speed up to the degree needed to separate (unmask) the audio would get very distorted and crappy. The V series might work better with lightning fast processors !! Hoping Whites can offer a new mid to high end detector that offers just that !!!